Non-dairy/ non-coconut butter alternatives

rozamu

The title covers most of it. Any non-dairy and non-coconut whole30 alternatives for butter? I already know (previous to starting my whole30) that dairy gives me hives which makes me too nervous to try ghee. I'm also trying to go without coconut, as much as I love it, I think it was causing the hives on my legs since the days I had more coconut than others it was worse. Anything or is there nothing?

Are you looking for fats to have with your meals?  Other options besides ghee, clarified butter and coconut are olives (including olive oil), nuts (including macadamia nut oil), avocado (including avocado oil), duck fat, goat fat, lard and tallow. 

Thank you for your reply. Fat for with meals, yes and I kind of miss buttery tasting things. Before I could cover it with coconut oil and some salt and that seemed to do the trick. Looks like just the things I was thinking. A lot of them are awefully expensive and hard to find around here (or there are a million choices for olive oil and I don't know which to buy). I have olive oil, palm oil, avocados, green olives and kalamata olives. I like variety lol I try to avoid nuts as much as possible, too. I've had bursitis under my shoulder blade for about 6 months that I'm hoping to fix with avoiding omega 6s.

Archived