How many eggs in one day?

lori_vt

Just wondering how many is too many.  If I have 3 eggs for breakfast, would it then be too much to have 1 or 2 hardboiled eggs later in the day?  Tomorrow is a very "off" day for me in terms of routine, and I need to pack something to eat on the road before lunch.  It's a highly stressful day, and I'm trying to keep it simple.  I don't want to eat cold meat and spinach muffins (it's going to be in the 20's or 30's tomorrow, and I have a 2-hour ride each way for a 1/2 hour meeting :(   I will have a real lunch when I get home, but about that time my daughter will be dropping off my granddaughter (age 15 months) for me to watch while she's at work and then class.  I don't want to get too hungry and I don't want to revert back to my old grazing/snacking habit.  Thinking I'll have 1 or 2 slices of homemade sausage with a little sweet potato hash and lots of veggies in my 3 scrambled eggs for b'fast (around 6 am).  Have to be on the road by 6:45, 2 hour drive, meet with the board, and 2 hours home; expect to be home around noon.  I'd like to bring a Larabar and 2 hard boiled eggs.  There's so much sugar (and decent fat) in the Larabar, so I want to balance it with more protein.  All my cooked protein is in a "dish;" massaman beef, pork with pomegranate reduction, crockpot pulled beef), and it's not all that tempting cold when the outside temps are cold.  Any other ideas?

I'm on Day 31 now, but I want to take reintegration slow - probably not a good idea on a very stressful day.

That's a good question though... how many eggs are too many? My trainer looked at me so strange when I put 4 HB eggs (I only ate 3) in my salad container at Whole Foods and said that I didn't need to eat too many eggs because of high cholesterol. I keep hearing "eggs are bad" "eggs are good". So confusing!

Archived