mhill0823

Simply Proud of Myself!!

Admittedly, when I started this program there was a voice somewhere in the back of my mind that knew that I never stick to a diet and this probably would end the same as all the others! Luckily, I discovered very quickly that it's not a diet, it's a life change and the sooner I realized this, the better!!

Today is day 31 and I woke up this morning and packed my breakfast and lunch just like it was any other day for the last 30 days, not even really processing the fact that I could “eat whatever I want†today.

I can seriously say that this program has changed my life completely and for the better! I took it a step further, and last night I finally cleaned out my pantry of all the things that I never want to eat and I'm donating them, because at the end of the day I was holding on to them so I could eat them after the Whole 30, and then I woke up one day and was like NO, I will not put these things in my body any longer.

I didn't weight myself when the Whole 30 started but I had probably weighed about two weeks prior to starting. So from that weigh in until today, I am 30 pounds lighter and I just literally feel fantastic! My feet have stopped swelling by the end of the day, I have less stomach trouble, I've noticed a drastic change in the fact that I no longer get headaches. Then, probably the biggest accomplishment is that before I started the doctor told me that I was prediabetic, and last week at the doctor I was informed that my blood sugar levels have gone back down to normal. Diabetes runs pretty heavy in my family so that is a success!!

So ultimately, my life is changed and I couldn't be happier!! J

Guest Andria

Yay congratulations!!!! You were successful on so many levels. Congratulations on losing the pre-diabetic status!

That is great and wonderful news!  What a sense of accomplishment you should feel!  I think this is a testimony to all who are thinking about it and not sure if it will work!  So happy for you and I hope you keep going with feeling so good!  I bet your friends that were not so supportive are trying to remove there foot out of their mouth!  Way to stay strong! A true inspiration!

:D  :D  :D  :D

So true about my friends!! The funny thing is a few of them are now asking for info about what I've done and starting to get interested! I Love it!:)

I promised to do it again after the first of the year with a few of my friends, proud of them so much!!

Yippee!! Congratulations on your fantastic results!  It's neat that you "got" early on that it's not a diet but a life change - way to go!

Congratulations. I did the whole 30 for the first time June and then again in July and partially in August and then I fell off the wagon. We had to put our dog down and I was so sad that I basically comfort ate the rest of August September and October and into November.. way off plan not doing the whole 30 having sugar having pasta having bread. Went to the doctors in mid November for my physical and my doctor told me that I was showing prediabetes glucose levels. This was a shock to me. I told them I had done whole 30 June and in July but basically screwed up August September October November....then he told me that test covered the last 90 days.

Your story is therefore very inspiring to me. I had my physical November 20 and starting Thursday, November 21 I'm back doing/living whole 30 not having those breads pastas sugars and I'm confident that when I go back to my doctor in March I'll have my glucose levels down. I have about 25 pounds to lose as well so I started slowly with exercise

Thanks for sharing your story and really really helps and gives me hope. I'm confident I can reverse this prediabetes and get to healthy level. Thank you.

I'm so glad that I could help!! Good luck! I've been off since the 20th of November and I've been eating not quite how I should be so I'm getting back on a whole30 again today because I just feel like a completely different person when I eat badly.

Good luck with everything!:)