First Whole30...pms grrr

genifer

Ok, I kept a fairly healthy diet previous to starting whole30 6 days ago. This happens every single month without fail... one week to go and I start to feel ravenous all the time and craving carbs and I usually binge on all the wrong foods... and chocolate, seriously copious amounts of chocolate. One week to go and its started. Im not really sure how to handle it really. Are there any resources for what the female body needs when she is pms-ing.

What should I be eating? Basically thats it.

Im doing pretty good with eating the protein, carb and veg and working on including fats into every meal. I do have fruit, dried fruit in between meals sometimes. So, Im doing ok on that front. I just dont want to go off track during pms.

thanks in advance for any advice anyone has to offer.

The PMS craving for chocolate usually is because your body wants more magnesium from what I've read. Try taking a magnesium supplement like natural calm or getting a magnesium oil spray. Almonds are also supposed to be a good source.

I also find high potassium foods help me with cramps and tend to eat more bananas than normal the first couple of days.

Ok, I kept a fairly healthy diet previous to starting whole30 6 days ago. This happens every single month without fail... one week to go and I start to feel ravenous all the time and craving carbs and I usually binge on all the wrong foods... and chocolate, seriously copious amounts of chocolate. One week to go and its started. Im not really sure how to handle it really. Are there any resources for what the female body needs when she is pms-ing.

What should I be eating? Basically thats it.

Im doing pretty good with eating the protein, carb and veg and working on including fats into every meal. I do have fruit, dried fruit in between meals sometimes. So, Im doing ok on that front. I just dont want to go off track during pms.

thanks in advance for any advice anyone has to offer.

Avoid having fruit between meals. Fruit should only be consumed with or immediately after a meal. 

If you are hungry between meals, that's typically a sign that your earlier meals aren't big enough. Try tweaking your meal portions.

If you tweak your meals and you're still genuinely hungry in between ( you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), make sure your snack is a mini meal, including at least a protein and fat.

Archived