Need to get back on track after vacation

keightlynn

I was on day 12 of the Whole30 and was doing really, really well.  Felt great, lost about 5 lb and just felt really good about myself and how my body was changing.  But then I came out for a week to visit my parents and everything has gone totally off track.  I don't get to see my parents very often and my mom is very pushy about food and I didn't want to spend my time here fighting over food so I pretty much have just gone completely off road.  I feel horible.  My body feels like crap and I feel upset at having to start over and that I ruined my progress.  I leave for home on Saturday, and I am looking forward to getting back on the Whole30.  I guess I'm just feeling worried about it and like the fact taht I ruined it will make it harder getting back on.  Just need some encouragement!

Many folks have starts, stops and restarts, so don't be discouraged. Don't think you ruined it either. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on. The important thing is to get back on the horse and recommit.

Oh, and when you do - also commit to hiding the scale for the full 30 days.  :)

Archived