whole 30 - I'm in!

MingoNW

So here we go! I'm on Day 2 of my Whole 30 after 30 days of an 80/20 paleo. This time, no cheating! I had dark chocolate and sweetened almond milk a lot and some whey protein before I knew that wasn't paleo. This time, PURE. I have been allowing myself samples at the grocery store without regard for content but I will not be doing that for 30 days....

Day 1:

3 Scrambled eggs and sauteed brussel sprouts (about a cup and a half) in olive oil

a handful of chopped pecans and coconut flakes

Lunch was Chipotle Salad with carnitas and guacamole

Dinner: Ground beef with onions, seasoned with cumin, coriander and cinnamon. YUM! The ground meat skillets are really going to help me.

Should have had more veggies with dinner. That's something I'm going to have to work on. I really get lazy with the vegetables and often just go with meat.

Lots of iced green tea.

Was quite hungry in the late afternoon. Had another half handful of chopped pecans... and an apple.

Day 2 so far:

Ground beef with sauteed onions, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and apples. Sauteed some sweet potatoes to go with it. Had a handful of blueberries too. Iced green tea to drink

Discovered that my digestive enzyme vitamins are made with corn and milk. Ditching those.

My biggest challenge is that I'm a snacker. It comes from stress and emotions but also just habit at this point, plus I'm sure my hormonal signals are all out of whack.

I know that my hunger signals will change as I go through this but getting through the early stages is tough....

Archived