DECEMBER WHOLE31 - please help me stay on track.

alliemarie333

I am a third year college student and am on my University's dance team. We have dance team nationals in January, and I want to look AMAZINGLY FIT and be OVERLY CONFIDENT to dance to the best of my ability.

I purchased the WHOLE30 emails, but after around 5 days, I cheat and start over again. I need to start fresh and not cheat on days that I am vulnerable. My roommate and I like to say "friends don't let friends eat junk," but it is hard to follow through on this motto when a friend has a birthday, I go out eat with friends, or our other roommates bake treats.

I am also intolerant to lactose and gluten, so when I eat those things, I feel awful all night.

It would be nice if someone could start the WHOLE30 with me on December 1st, or at least help support me because I KNOW that I can do it! I just need a little extra push because my boyfriend thinks I look "perfect" the way I am, but I want to look HOT. I am currently 5'4" 140 pounds and 20 years old, and I want to eventually be 120 pounds again like I was in high school. I want to do this in a healthy way, and I think the WHOLE30 is definitely a good way for me to start. I hope to lose 8 pounds this December and not put on any holiday weight.

Any advice or support would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you all!

<3 Allie

Hi there. i have just started a whole30 (day 4) to try and avoid getting into the christmas eating habit too early!!  the first few days are the hardest with the cravings kicking in, there is an element of willpower, (i've got  this far, I can do it) and a positive mentality.  Also doing it for the right reasons.  the holiday season means it will be harder to be on track on even stay on track. Its realising that this is a lifestyle change not a diet and being prepared to take it forward after the 30 days is up.  With the gluten/lactose intolerance you already know the difference not eating these foods make.  Sugar/sugary foods make me feel lethargic and mess up my sleep big time but the cravings are always there.  Telling your roomie and friends you really want to avoid these treats and asking them not to offer you is an option so they can help you stay on track.

I would like to lose weight, but am at an age where its not shifting, although i do workout as I teach fitness classes as a second job.  I am 5'0" 141 pounds and 40 years old.

Good luck and let me know how you are getting on

Hey Allie,

I'm starting tomorrow! I'm 27 and after about 6 months of fooling myself into thinking I can eat anything I want, I'm feeling pretty crappy and carrying an extra 10 pounds. The worst part is that my skin is breaking out and I just feel yucky. I want to go into 2014 feeling great and looking great by my 28th on February 7th. 

I will definitely need help for the next four weeks as I'm not very good at following through with things and have a MAJOR sweet tooth. 

We can totally do this!

Aaron

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I too am attempting to get a jumpstart on clean eating for the new year and starting a Whole30 (would love to extend it to a Whole60...but one day at a time) tomorrow, Dec 17. I know this a very tough time of year, and that's kind of why I chose it-- if we can stick to it through Christmas and New Year's, we should be able to do it whenever, right? :-)

How are you guys doing? I would love to help support each other. 

Hey leahya! I just added you as a friend. I am on day 2 so not that far behind u:) how are you feeling so far? Cutting out snacks has been one of the hardest things for me so far... I get up at 5am every morning so eating enough to fill me up until lunch time is hard;) I have discovered that I actually like my coffee without sweetener! Woohoo never thought I could drink it without:) I'm glad there are others out there that have the willpower to do this through christmas! Yay us!!!

Hi all,

I too am attempting to get a jumpstart on clean eating for the new year and starting a Whole30 (would love to extend it to a Whole60...but one day at a time) tomorrow, Dec 17. I know this a very tough time of year, and that's kind of why I chose it-- if we can stick to it through Christmas and New Year's, we should be able to do it whenever, right? :-)

How are you guys doing? I would love to help support each other.

Archived