My tooth hurts so much I can't chew... :(

Sunny101

Hey guys! So, I'm on day 20 of my whole30 and things are going really well!! My sugar cravings are gone, and I haven't had a migraine in like a week and a half!!! Yay! That is really major for me, because I usually deal with headaches on a daily basis.

Sadly for me, I seem to have a minor road block. In the last week one of my tooths has began to hurt so much that I can't even chew my food properly. This tooth has a crown on it that is cracked, but I haven't had the money to go fix for about a year now. Yesterday I caved an made an appointment despite that fact. Unfortunately, they weren't able to get me in until the 6th - which means I have to make it through a week and a half of painful eating. Its honestly so bad that I am dreading eating, and not chewing my food properly, which I know is not part of the plan. I also try eating on the other side, but it still makes it hurt.

I've been avoiding chewy meats like steak, and hard vegetables like brocoli, and making vegetable mashes instead of eating them whole as its too painful. In my mind soup is not really whole30, because it doesnt require a large amount of chewing, but I am wondering if in this case it may be okay to eat, if I keep my ratios of fat to meat to vegetables correct...?

As I am struggling to eat my meat and veg, my consumption of bananas has gone up because they are soft and soothing - which isn't food for me because to me they are a food without breaks, so I really need some alternatives that won't mess with my sugar levels/cause me to binge...I need some suggestions of stuff to make that is soft, but still whole30 compliant. Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks guys!

Soups are fine on a Whole30. There are plenty of compliant soup options out there. Here's one from theclothesmakethegirl.com.  Just add some protein and you're good to go. http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/11/05/silky-gingered-zucchini-soup/

Here's a delicious butternut squash recipe (that can also be made into a soup - see the note at the bottom on the cookbook page): http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/11/17/velvety-butternut-squash/

• 9 months later...

Archived