Feeling Discouraged on day 26

Hey there,

I am on day 26 and although I do have some more energy, I have not had the relief from fibromyalgia muscle pain that I had hoped for. I do plan on sticking to the diet for longer, maybe 90 days or so, but it would have been so nice to have some real results by now.

I tried to do the AI protocol but only lasted about 3 weeks and ate seeds and nuts the whole time. I have no digestive problems at all, and do not need to lose weight. I have always been pretty darn healthy and active, I just now have this weird, terribly painful and exhausting disease that came on slowly after a virus in March of this year. Have any of you seen or heard of people getting results after longer periods of time?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Fibromyalgia might not be an autoimmune problem, but its similarity to AI disorders makes trying the autoimmune protocol reasonable. However, if you ate seeds and nuts the whole time, you never did the AI protocol at all. If you look at the AI protocol shopping list, you can see that nuts and seeds are to be completely avoided: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Shopping-List-Autoimmune.pdf

You might not get the results you want even if you follow the protocol exactly, but you will never know if you don't try.

Hey there,

I am on day 26 and although I do have some more energy, I have not had the relief from fibromyalgia muscle pain that I had hoped for. I do plan on sticking to the diet for longer, maybe 90 days or so, but it would have been so nice to have some real results by now.

I tried to do the AI protocol but only lasted about 3 weeks and ate seeds and nuts the whole time. I have no digestive problems at all, and do not need to lose weight. I have always been pretty darn healthy and active, I just now have this weird, terribly painful and exhausting disease that came on slowly after a virus in March of this year. Have any of you seen or heard of people getting results after longer periods of time?

Thanks!

A virus can have long lasting effects.  Months and months and sometimes permanent.  More and more research pointing toward viral triggers of autoimmune disease.  I hope that is not your case, but try taking some antiviral supplements and/or anti-inflammatories during this time to help?

L-Lysine, wild Oil of Oregano, Elderberry (Sambucol is a great brand), zinc, garlic for virus

Curcumin, ginger, cinnamon, rosemary for anti-inflammatory

Could also look into anti-inflammatory foods and pro-inflammatory foods to eliminate potential problems.

My niece developed an inflammatory GI tract response to a virus that lasted almost a year…

Archived