Starting Jan. 2

ErinL

Hi, My name is Daniel, Im 35 years old, I feel fat and its time for a change. No better time to start than the new year!! My mate Fooch 'highly reccomended' this program so we are kicking it off together. I weight about 93 but should weigh about 85kg. Pictures and real weight to follow as baseline. Like Erin Im starting on the 2nd of Jan so here goes.

Hallo Daniel

Great to have on board, will post my stuff tommorow too! Gee gas dikkes!!!!!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello from Scotland! I'm deffo doing this from tomorrow. Trying to get my boyfriend to do it to. We've both been eating paleo and doing well apart from sugar. My boyfriend is worst- he drinks litres of diluting juice a day and dried raisins. I think he'll have problems here but we'll see! Main thing also is planning brekkies for him and lunch as he's at home and I'm at work. I usually have a coconut milk, banana and nut butter smoothie fore brekkie. He eats a lot of bacon but need to cut that down I suspect :/ aaaah. Need to find more meal planning resources to meal plan all meals for the week. How is everyone else preparing?

Hi, I'm Hazel and today is day 1 of my whole30 journey. It is also day 1 of dry January, I chose to do Dry January first and then realised it made sense to complete Whole30 at the same time. I have had a mug of green tea instead of my usual cuppa with goats milk. For breakfast, I made 2 fried eggs and a kind of hash from tiny pieces of sweet potato and onion, peppers and courgette fried in coconut oil with paprika. Lush.

I have been eating Paleo/primal for most of the year but haven't been able to forgo my Friday night glass of wine or 3 and bar of darkest chocolate. I'm also not much for exercise. I walk everywhere as we have no car, however, I am both a childminder and a single mum to 2 kids of my own. Visiting the gym is out of the question and time to myself to workout is difficult, but I am going to try and work in some strength training 3 times a week.

Tomorrow is the day!!!  Making chicken bone broth today with lots of veggies to help start the process and not shock my system.  

Would love to hear your thoughts on exercise.  I tend to overdo it!!!  I am trying to do something for 30 to 45 minutes 6x a week(swimming is my favorite, elliptical and tennis).  What do you think?  What are your plans?

Hi, My name is Daniel, Im 35 years old, I feel fat and its time for a change. No better time to start than the new year!! My mate Fooch 'highly reccomended' this program so we are kicking it off together. I weight about 93 but should weigh about 85kg. Pictures and real weight to follow as baseline. Like Erin Im starting on the 2nd of Jan so here goes.

Hoe heet u, hau ek heet hom die Brokohlie! Lets do this!

Hoe heet u, hau ek heet hom die Brokohlie! Lets do this!

Hi everyone! I too will be starting my Whole30 on Jan 2nd!

I live in Chile, and like you Myrna in Mexico, it can be pretty hard to source good foods. Such a shame... But the movement is slowly building and I'm supporting it with my consumer pesos :)

I've been eating mostly paleo for a year now, up and down the wagon. I started with a month of strict paleo following my reading of Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution and it did me a lot of good. But it was also pretty rough, especially because of my sugar/chocolate addiction. I've been trying to curb that but I failed. I'm very hopeful about the Whole30 program, the tough love, the daily emails I signed up for, and this forum, to stay on tracks.

Also I was thinking about going caffeine-free like you, Flamingo, and maybe going directly for a double round, too. Let's see if we can support each other!

Cheers to you all, happy new year, and see you tomorrow for Day 1! :)

Hi all,

I'm Kim and I'm ready to go on 1/2 also. Last year I started out the year eating mostly paleo but included yogurt and cheese :) I did really well for four to six months eating good, limiting cheats, and exercising regularly (I take group fitness class 3 days a week and it's an awesome mix of cardio and weights and varies daily). About mid year I got super busy with work traveling and working long hours, food went horribly wrong and ended up missing more workouts than I made. This all culminated at the end of the year maybe working out 4-6 times per month and eating horrible. Lost 30 pounds only to regain 15. I've read the book and done my research and honestly think Monday-Friday will be the easiest as I generally always take my food to work with me. Having prepared meats and plenty of veggies on hand should make the evenings easier as well. Weekends will be tough as I tend to overheat then! I plan on using my treadmill and TRX on the weekends to help keep me focused and accountable.

Hope to start out strong and finish stronger! Good luck to everyone and I look forward to your help and insight on this journey :)

Happy New Year!

I am starting January 2nd as well.

This is my first time trying a paleo diet, though I am gluten-free and generally eat pretty clean. The past few weeks have had a lot of sugary indulgences though, and I am glad to be making a clean break with sugar. (Though not looking forward to giving up agave!)

I am in South Africa; it's high summer and there are all kinds of gorgeous fruits and veggies in season right now to help keep things interesting.

Hi I'm Helen and live in dfw texas

Im 56 and my health has taken a turn. Without a thyroid nothing has worked. I work long hours and eat wrong. Lots of carbs and sugar. I have twins 8 yr olds and usually eat whatever is quick and easy (wrong). I want to eat right and feel better. Im learning to get the bad stuff out and the good stuff in. My daughter was diagnosed with ADD so I'm trying to clean up her diet. I can be accountable being part of the forum

"I live in Chile, and like you Myrna in Mexico, it can be pretty hard to source good foods. Such a shame... But the movement is slowly building and I'm supporting it with my consumer pesos"

Beli and Myrna, thank you so much for reminding those of us privileged to have easy access to healthy, fresh food that that is not the case everywhere! It is common to see fruits and vegetables in the store here which are organic from both Mexico and Chile. I don't buy them because living in an area which still has a lot of local farming and easy access to good food I can afford to have my own personal boycott. But we all need to know the hard truth that the large agricultural corporations grow food where it is easiest and cheapest, and sell it where they can make the most profit. Business 101, right? Somehow we've forgotten that that's not necessarily the correct model to apply when the product is the food and water we ALL need - certainly not when we grow food in a country, but leave the people who live there without affordable access to it. Those of us who care about food have to also care about where it comes from and all of the "costs" associated with what shows up on our grocery shelves.

Beli - about caffeine - I have decided to go with a cup of green tea in the morning and leave it at that. I do still hope to make this a W60, once I accomplish the W30!

We are quite an international group at this point - home base for most in the US, but also Mexico, Chile,

Australia, S. Africa. There's nothing that brings people together like sharing food, and in some way we are doing that. Best to all (and happy new year!)

I will join my friend Daniel Smith on his Whole30. it is my second time around. I still find it tricky to stick with wholesome eating, decided to do a W30 each year. I have attached my "before"photo, and here are my stats, high blood pressure which I hope to  sort out:

• blood pressure 140/85
  • weight 90 kilogram
  • body fat 21.9%
  • abdominal circumference 38 inches

Good luck to all! :D

post-34734-0-55317600-1388617760_thumb.j

I am starting my second Whole 30 tomorrow, January 2! I am so looking forward to getting back in control.  I did my first Whole 30 in November (including Thanksgiving), and I felt GREAT - I lost 13 pounds, and I was sleeping better at night and functioning better all day at work. It's been 3 weeks since the end of my Whole 30, and I went a little crazy over the holidays...  :unsure:   I've got muscle aches in my shoulders and back, I'm not sleeping as soundly as I was, I've had headaches and almost constant indigestion and bloating. I actually vomited three times in those three weeks. I didn't do a real re-introduction period after my Whole 30 was over, so I'm looking forward to doing that after this Whole 30 ends. I'm looking forward to sticking to a paleo lifestyle post-whole30 as well.

Good luck to everyone on your Whole 30s!

I'm in for 1/2 also.  I'm totally new to this, so glad to see I will have company.  I'm a 54 yo female and have been having serious issues with joint pain, and really feel like a clean diet will help.  I'm also a mountain biker and endurance athlete, and for a long time have depended on Waffle Stingers and PB&J for fuel on long rides.  Any ideas for a portable and effective source of nutrition that will be in line with this plan? Thanks!

Starting my 3rd W30 tomorrow. I'm currently sufffering from after effects of New Years Eve festvities (plans to drink non-alcoholic drinks were quickly derailed) and the fact that I ate all the gluten free cookies today so am looking forward to a restart.

I've sort of fallen back to some bad food habits over the past 6 months due to a back injury and a recent neck injury. Goals for this W30 include better planning for meals way from home and trying to strengthen my core so I can try to avoid these back/neck injuries.

I am also starting Jan. 2! I did my first Whole30 in October 2012, and have been eating a fairly clean Primal diet ever since. I've let myself 'cheat' more and more often, however, (especially through the holidays), and want to clean up and get the year off to a great start. Looking forward to joining you all!

Hi all! I'm also starting the Whole 30 tomorrow. It's encouraging to see so many people who are doing it again. This is my first time, and I'm looking forward to breaking some bad habits that I've picked up over the last few years. I know I feel better when I'm not eating sugar and grains, but I haven't been restricting them like I should. I'm a little nervous because my follow-through isn't great, but I'm hoping that I can stick it out or the full 30 days! It will be great to have the support of the forums, and I'm looking forward to the daily emails to keep me motivated!

Archived