Crossing the finish line on 100 pounds in December

MrsRobinson

I am ten pounds away from a hundred pound loss and I figured that the best way to sprint this last ten pounds is to do another Whole30. Had a great one in July and I'm committing to ending the year strong, clean, and consistent. 2014 —year of the SECOND Hundred! Heck yeah !

Congratulations!! thats pretty amazing. Has Whole 30 itself prompted the weight loss or did you do anything else. I ask because they say this isn't a weight loss plan and I don't find that I'm losing a lot of wqeight so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I went wheat and sugar free last September, and eliminated all processed foods, vegetable oil, etc,so that is how the weight has come off,I keep the carb intake around 50-100 g a day. Thus far this worked for me. Doing the 30 showed me that I am very sensitive to dairy, and that I both lose steady without it and feel better. But old habits creep in, standards get bendy, and once in a while doing this helps rebalance everything and keep things moving. Climb a mountain like a 200 pound loss and you need to replenish your gear and sharpen your pick every once in a while!

I exercise more, because I have more energy and my body no longer hurts everyday, but I'm no treadmill slave. I get outside and hit trails on foot or on my mountain bike because I enjoy it. I count nothing but carbs. I tend to follow Mark Sisson ' s philosophy regarding exercise.

Thanks! I'm asking only because I'm not seeing the weight loss results I'd like to see. I did my first whole 30 and finished 2 weeks ago. I did have some changes but nothing since then. I still eat primarily compliant, although I've added back in yogurt and cottage cheese or oatmeal in the am only. If I were to hedge a bet, I'm eating less than 100 gms of carbs. I'll start tracking to be sure.

Do you allow nuts or obstain?

Appreciate the insights. WAY. TO. GO!!!

YAY! I am so happy for you Mrs. R! I was one of the July 1st Whole 30 companions you had and am about to start my second whole 30 tomorrow (Dec 1) Figured it would be an amazing start to the new year if I felt like a rock star (which is pretty much inevitable after a compliant whole 30 :) Plus I get to truly party like a rock star on Dec 31 because it will be day 31. Anyhow, I know you can pull off your goal for 2013 and 2014. I am rooting for you!

@greek to me I eat nuts sometimes but because they are a thing I personally tend to overdo really easily, I'm cautious with certain ones and I try to avoid certain oils so I lean toward raw nuts when I have a choice.. I also learned from my first 30 that I am one of those people who is very casomorphin sensitive so I do best and feel best dairy free.

Archived