Best glass containers for freezing stuff like homemade BBQ sauce, Ketchup, etc.?

Skiley

I plan on making some homemade condiments and dressings pretty soon. Can anyone recommend good, cheap glass containers that can be put in the freezer and where to get them? I am SO new to all this. I'm encouraged and inspired by the success of my homemade mayo!

Sara

I love both my mason jars and my Pyrex containers - since they are glass they are paraben free and can be boiled to sanitize if need be. My Pyrex ones are especially nice since they can be microwaved, used in the oven AND in the freezer and fridge. They do have plastic lids, so this lids have to be treated with care (and you can't bake with the lid on - I also do not use them in the microwave - just for covering during storage).

I know it's a ways a way, but keep an eye out during holidays sales - I got my whole Pyrex set for a steal right after Thanksgiving. Bell and Knorr also often put out coupons for up to $2 off of canning jars.

To use mason jars, get the pint or smaller wide mouth jars - the ones with the evenly sloped sides. Don't use jars with a neck. Leave air space at the top and ideally don't lid until they are frozen. At least don't tighten the lids.

Archived