New to Whole 30 and ready for a change

ReadyToCommit

Hello group,

My name on the forum is ReadyToCommit, because I feel I finally am! Please feel free to call me RTC.

I am 42 years old and living in Orlando. I heard about the Whole 30 from several friends who have had success with it. I need to lose 60 pounds and have been vascilating with the same 5 pounds for years. This weight has become an albatross and I truly believe, or rather hope, that this can help me finally overcome the obstacles that have hindered my success, namely myself.

I look forward to reading the posts on the forum and learning how others fared through the challenges of this process.

Regards,

RTC

Had done my first 30 days then realized Ihad done the 2nd 30 (the re-intro) the first 30 instead after the elimination diet.  Was pretty bummed - but haven't gained back what I lost.  I saw the testimonies of others losing 40-60 lbs and I had only lost 10 when I realized I had done it in-correctly.  I have continued not eating the things I have sensitivities to as I was having many congestion problems and thought I had a chronic issue and was on many antibiotics over past year to year - 1/2.  So great to not have the cough this year.  This has been my incentive to learn a better way of eating!! 

HI RTC. I just finished my first whole 30 yesterday and LOVE THIS. I have alot to lose as well.  I ate PERFECTLY during the whole30 and lost about 12 pounds. (mid-50's male) Blood pressure has returned to normal.  From what I am reading, the weight loss is going to slow some (I am going to continue eating this way).  Since you are ready to commit, then I want to encourage you to take the long view. This will not be rapid for us, but it will work.  You are going to be amazed how you feel in a few weeks.  If you can, I highly recommend purchasing the daily emails and getting the book. The education is worth every penny.  Best wishes!

Had done my first 30 days then realized Ihad done the 2nd 30 (the re-intro) the first 30 instead after the elimination diet. Was pretty bummed - but haven't gained back what I lost. I saw the testimonies of others losing 40-60 lbs and I had only lost 10 when I realized I had done it in-correctly. I have continued not eating the things I have sensitivities to as I was having many congestion problems and thought I had a chronic issue and was on many antibiotics over past year to year - 1/2. So great to not have the cough this year. This has been my incentive to learn a better way of eating!!

I'm not quite sure what you mean about how you ate for 30 days, but a 10lb loss in a month is fantastic. Slow and steady weight loss is much more sustainable than drastic change as it's generally the result of adopting realistic lifestyle changes. You've managed to maintain your weight which is amazing! You may have also experienced a change in body composition, gaining muscle and losing fat, which wouldn't be evident by the scale number. It sounds like you've also achieved some other benefits from eliminating certain foods :)

HI RTC. I just finished my first whole 30 yesterday and LOVE THIS. I have alot to lose as well.  I ate PERFECTLY during the whole30 and lost about 12 pounds. (mid-50's male) Blood pressure has returned to normal.  From what I am reading, the weight loss is going to slow some (I am going to continue eating this way).  Since you are ready to commit, then I want to encourage you to take the long view. This will not be rapid for us, but it will work.  You are going to be amazed how you feel in a few weeks.  If you can, I highly recommend purchasing the daily emails and getting the book. The education is worth every penny.  Best wishes!

Hi GonnaMakeIt,

Thanks for the encouragement!! It sounds like you really did great with the program and I will follow the email/book advice. I agree with you about taking the long view. On my second day now and have been "Perfect" so far. I even stepped it up at the gym since yesterday. I appreciate you taking the time to respond and to let me know that it is definitely possible to acheive this goal!

RTC

• 4 weeks later...

Dear group,

I failed! I got to day 23 and then went off track! I got back up and tried again the next day, which lasted 11 days until today and I failed again. I want to lose this weight, as it is ruining my life, but find that I am my own worst obstacle. Has anyone else here tried and failed? How did you finally overcome the rationalizations and excuses?

Regards,

RTC

Just read a new post by RTC - I have had some failures - but I count it failure when I go off of whole 30 compliant.  I did try again in Dec and got a week or 2 into it and gave in when having company  - not bad - but when I go off - I have some physical reactions to some of the food.  I started again this past week - and am finding I can add recipes and more variety to what I did before - I got on this web site and read things, found things I hadn't read before (a lot of them) and printed off some of the helps - resigned up for the Whole 30 daily - which comes into my inbox.  then I read what people are doing and struggling with - As I see my own struggles and know things that helped and share those things - it sorta gives me another victory in my own life - I want to be a source of encouragement so I think it helps me when I'm having one of those minutes that hit.  I also am carrying my "It starts with food" around with me again - researching the recipe ideas - I bought 2 of the paleo recipe books - but find I stay with the Whole 30 book - It's master recipes and ideas work good for me - Paleo helped me realize the concept of making more than enough for one meal.  I believe it is just day by day until it becomes a lifestyle not something you waiting to end - anyway for me.  The elimination part helps Identify problem foods for the individual and then the 2nd 30 helps re-introduce to see where the issues come from (if any) then you can see a better way of eating healthy for you.  Anyway this is where I've come to - I just re-introduced things before I detoxed my body - so I didn't get a clear picure of which things were causing my problems.  I was at doctor every 3 months with a bronchial thing for a couple years.  Was treated with antibiotics and cold medicines etc......  I went to a naturopath who suggested whole 30 and the book.  That's when I realized it was what I was eating.  Maybe just wanting to feel better would be incentive for you?  Hoping you are finding more success this week!! 

Archived