Raving Husker... whole30 take two

Raving Husker

Just a little more about me, I am a stay at home mom. Nutrition and weight have been an issue for me since puberty. I am 36 now, married with two kids. One thing that I would love some feedback on is the fitness thing. Lift heavy things....that is not specific enough for me. Any suggestions there?

Just a little more about me, I am a stay at home mom. Nutrition and weight have been an issue for me since puberty. I am 36 now, married with two kids. One thing that I would love some feedback on is the fitness thing. Lift heavy things....that is not specific enough for me. Any suggestions there?

I lift heavy things, then put them down...repeatedly. When you say it like that, it sounds like the most pointless activity in the world (I think most sport is pointless but that's another issue :P)

Lifting weights, or more importantly putting them down, has allowed me to completely change my physique though. Lifting "heavy" is lifting a weight you can do about 8 reps of, struggling to complete the last one or two. I'd do a three or 4 day split, 3-5 exercises per body part, 3-5 sets per exercise.

I do zuzana light's workouts on youtube and on her website. The old ones are mostly bodyweight, but this year she's started incorporating weights. If you don't want to go to a gym, she's the best, most motivational online "coach" i've found. 

Also when I started really working out a few years ago, I only did bodyweight exercises and it made a huge difference!

Archived