Bone Broth - Pressure Cooker Okay?

lobind

Thoughts about using a pressure cooker to make bone broth? There seems to be some disagreement. Some think it destroys the very nutrients you're trying to get into the broth.

Any input is much appreciated.

• Moderators

I doubt there is any nutritional difference between pressure cooker bone broth and any other cooking method. I use a pressure cooker frequently to make a great variety of meals and don't see any signs of the food being less nutrient rich.

Here is my recipe for pressure cooker bone broth... http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2012/02/pressure-cooker-bone-broth/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I bought one of the expensive pressure cookers and am very happy with it. I've had it for more than a year and it still works perfectly. Here is the blurb I include on my website...

I love my Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Top Pressure Cooker 7.4-Quart that I ordered from Amazon.com (check it out in my “Store.â€) After reading a bunch of pressure cooker reviews, I decided to spend a little extra to get the one the New York Times described as the Mercedes-Benz of pressure cookers. Kuhn Rikon is a Swiss company. Pressure cookers are so popular in Switzerland that the average household has three!

Archived