Eggless recipes for canned salmon?

bodlon

I had to drop eggs from my diet this week, which is a little bit stressful given I'd assumed they'd be an easy (and inexpensive) protien on this adventure! 

My new best friend, canned salmon (and its buddy mackerel) are stepping up to fill the gap for those days when I'm a little broke, or I don't want to bother with dealing with fresh meat.  Awkwardly, I don't really know any good recipes other than salmon cakes and salmon salad!

Anyone have a favorite way to prepare our canned fish friends without eggs?

I mix it with either avocado or homemade mayo and some veggies for salmon or tuna salad most often.  Or just flake it onto a salad.  You could add it to marinara sauce with some olives and serve over zoodles for "spaghetti".  Sorry I don't have any more ideas.  Good luck!

I haven't used canned Salmon - I have used canned chicken and mix with grapes and onions with a mayo or olive oil mix  - you can make it ahead and eat on it for coulple days (the large can).  Mixed with the onions and fruit - makes a large amount so goes a ways.  Also steamed a butternut squash yesterday (per some suggestions) and put in small containers in freezer to pull out to use - it was very good for breakfast with my eggs but I think it would go with anything (I can eat eggs but can't have dairy). 

My son is allergic to egg whites but can have yolks, so I make yolk only mayo (Paleo Mom, I think).  If you ever decide to test yolks alone, that might be an option.  Otherwise, can you eat avocado?  If you mash it up and mix it with some lemon juice, salt and pepper, it makes a great mayo substitute.

Okay, that eggless mayo looks awesome!  I'd actually gone digging and found a couple of interesting ones that use cashews, but this one looks quicker, easier, and kind of awesome.

Plus, I haven't had an excuse to make date paste yet -- still shy about the Sugar Dragon -- so this could be my opportunity!

I like salmon mixed with scallions, grated scallions, dijon  mustard and seasonings of choice.. usually lemon and pepper. Form into patties and pan fry.. with no binder they sometimes fall apart but if you let them form a nice crust before flipping they usually do well.. you could use coconut/almond flour if you want as well.

Archived