rgbarron01-the journey continues

rgbarron01

Happy New Year!

Starting another W30 today to help keep me disciplined while incorporating exercise into my daily life.  I will continue to keep my food journal in this thread for ease.  Will not add pre-post workout food until I see how my hunger levels are.  I doubt my one mile walk today will warrant extra calories :P

Today's Food Plan

M1:  collard greens, soft-boiled eggs, 1/2 orange

M2:  baked chicken drumsticks, broccoli slaw (mayo), sweet potato

M3:  pork chop, salad w/ O&V, slaw or collards (depends on what is leftover)

Meal planning, shopping and reading ISWF on my to-do list today.

rhonda

Yesterday's food plan went as written except I did not eat the orange for M1.  

1/2 way through ISWF.

1.15 mile walk was accomplished,

Today's Food Plan

M1:  collards (the last of them), two fried eggs, broccoli slaw 

M2:  grilled chicken, roasted sweet potato, cauliflower, banana (mostly leftovers)

M3:  hamburger patty with fried onions and mushrooms, asparagus, red leaf lettuce salad w/ mayo/avocado dressing

rhonda

I had great success posting my food plan while doing my whole 30.  Great accountability too, so I will continue during the reintroduction phase and possibly beyond.

I am reintroducing dairy today.

Food Plan

M1:  sauteed kale and onions, scrambled eggs topped with one slice Muenster cheese

M2: tomato soup with chicken and vegetables, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 c full-fat plain greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 c frozen berry blend (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)

M3: broiled flounder, butternut squash, broccoli--I will use butter in here somewhere

I don't envision eating a whole lot of dairy in the near future but wish to see if it negatively effects me as I'd like to enjoy the random pat of butter ( I will have to watch this...I do like butter), sprinkle of cheese, etc.  Other than on pizza, I didn't consume a lot of cheese prior to W30, yogurt bores me and I don't drink milk.  Curiosity more than anything.

rhonda

Have you tried Raw Cheese? The theory is that since it is not pasteurized it is easier to digest. I have not tried it after a whole30 yet, I will try it after I finish one. I don't seem to have a reaction to it compared to milk, cream cheese or ice cream. 

Today's Meal Plan

M1:  tomato/chicken/vegetable soup, egg salad (mayo), 1/2 banana, a few almonds (unsalted, not roasted)

M2:  meatloaf (we'll see how this turns out), steamed broccoli, the other half of the banana

M3:  pork chop, baked sweet potato, salad: mixed greens, shredded carrot, red onions, O&V, avocado

Yesterday's plan went as written except add 1T sunbutter to M2.  I absolutely love sun butter on roasted sweet potato.  Sun butter is one of the few foods I actually measure because I can see where this could be trouble.  I also limit consumption to a couple times per week (similar story with nuts).

Late tody!  Busy, busy.

M1:  tomato/vegetable/chicken soup made w/ bone broth, wilted spinach, 2 fried eggs

M2:  hamburger patty w/ mayo/mustard dipping sauce, salad (spinach, red leaf lettuce, romaine, yellow & green bell peppers, red onion, shredded carrot), olives, raw almods, homemade ranch dressing, banana

M3:  grilled pork chop, roasted sweet potato, steamed broccoli

Lots accomplished today:  oil change for the car, two banks, 2 grocery stores, meal prep...I feel a nap coming on:-)

rhonda

Yesterday's food plan went as written.  No food issues other than I purchased way too much at the grocery.  Now I have to figure out how to get it all in the freezer.

Today's Plan

M1:  homemade breakfast sausage, 2 eggs, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, blueberries

M2:  salad (same as yesterday's mix, add pear), cold shrimp, ranch/horseradish dressing

M3:  taco meat, cole slaw, roasted sweet potato, 1/2 avocado

rhonda

Yesterday's food didn't quite go as planned, mainly due to an unplanned nap close to lunchtime. a church meeting and another trip to the grocery store.  To humor myself, this is how it went down:

M1:  homemade breakfast sausage, two fried eggs, fresh baby spinach topped with blueberries and O&V (amazing combo)

M2:  Salad (same as Sat. mix) topped with tuna, ranch dressing; banana, 5 whole raw almonds

Snack (say what!?):  apple dipped in sun butter

M3:  baked chicken drumsticks, roasted sweet potato, slaw, fresh pineapple

Sensory overload at the grocery store.  Compliant sun butter has been difficult to find this past week and I wanted to replenish my supply (red flag #1) badly enough to enter a grocery store on a Sunday prior to expected bad weather.  Store was so packed with people, and the smell of fried chicken from the deli was making me dizzy.  So rather than abandon ship, I wandered the store looking for compliant foods,  further torturing myself (red flag #2).  By the time I left, I had spent $48 (sun butter, tahini, chicken/apple sausages, applegate hot dogs, many chicken legs) and was mentally flogging myself...especially since I did not need any of these items (just went shopping Sat.).    When I got home I was so shaky that I had the apple and sun butter, followed by M3 as quickly as  I could get it prepared.  It was either that or dive head first into we-won't-go-there food :huh: Too much fruit yesterday.

Today's Food Plan

M1:  omelette stuffed with breakfast sausage, onions, green peppers and mushrooms

M2:  baked chicken drumsticks, roasted sweet potato, slaw, pineapple

M3:  pork chop, collard greens, raw cauliflower with avocado/mayo dressing/dip

rhonda

Great day yesterday!

Today's Plan

M1:  fried eggs, asparagus, blueberries

M2:  pork chop, broccoli, slaw, small sweet potato w/ 1T sunbutter

M3:  taco salad (romaine, avocado, salsa, taco meat, black olives), pear

For the first time in a long time, every dirty dish in my house was washed by bedtime.

rhonda

Late posting today's Food Plan--couldn't get a connection this morning.

M1:  scrambled eggs, broccoli, 1/2 avocado

M2:  chili, green beans, apple w/ 1T sunbutter

M3:  chicken drumsticks, roasted sweet potato, spinach salad w/ blueberries & O&V

No issues.  Rolling along...

rhonda

Saturday Meal Plan

M1:  3 fried eggs, zucchini and onions, banana & blueberry mix

M2:  large salad (mixed spring greens, onion, carrot, bell pepper) topped with tuna, olives, and homemade ranch dressing

M3:  pork loin, roasted sweet potato, another vegetable to be determined (most likely broccoli...maybe slaw)

Large breakfast this morning.  Blueberries were on the sour side so I sliced a banana and mixed it up.  Improved the flavor tremendously but pushed me into the slightly beyond sated point.  That's it for the fruit today.

Trip to Costco planned for today.  I will try very very hard to not overspend.  My freezer is full.  My refrigerator is empty.

My 20yo son read ISWF over his college break (he has struggled with severe chronic eczema his entire life and has life threatening food allergies--tree nuts AND peanuts--as well as minor food allergies to oats and a sensitivity to eggs [induces vomiting]).  Anyway, he generally eats clean as it is difficult to manage tree nut/peanut allergies and consume a lot of processed foods.  He stepped it up a bit as gluten has become the devil (he ate a lot of whole grain, gluten containing bread products).  You can only imagine the fresh produce and protein we have gone through in my house this week. :o  

rhonda

Today's Food Plan

M1:  sweet potato hash with 2 soft boiled eggs

M2:  chicken/apple sausage, mixed spring greens w/ ranch, clementine

M3:  grilled steak, cabbage slaw, sugar snap peas, fresh pineapple

Hope to do some food prep for the week this afternoon.  Costco trip was successful--needed more pricey tuna, Kerrigold butter, and other goodies.  The price difference between Costco and local store for the tuna and butter made the trip worthwhile.  I picked up some fresh Brussels sprouts that I have no idea what to do with.  Oh, and some avocado oil--I have been wanting to try making avocado mayo using lime for the acid and adding fresh cilantro.

Today is the last day of rest before starting a 12 day work stint.  I may be lazy except for the food prep.

rhonda

Yesterday's plan looks nothing like reality--still compliant, just different:-)

Sunday:

M1:  pork, sweet potato, mixed green salad, ½ avo, O&V, clementine

M2:  tuna (mayo, pickle, onion), mixed greens, olives, evoo, grape tomatoes, onion, banana, 1T sunbutter

M3:  hamburger patty, fried onions, sugar snap peas, grape tomatoes, mayo&mustard, ranch, pineapple

Monday's Plan

M1:  scrambled eggs, baby spinach, blueberries, O&V

M2:  pork, sweet potato, 1T sunbutter, mixed spring green salad w/ O&V, blackberries

M3:  chicken drumsticks, broccoli & carrots, slaw

Plantar fasciitis in left foot is roaring. Had to take Tylenol to ease the pain.

Busy work week ahead. I just want to go back to bed.

Soldiering on....

rhonda

Thanks for the commiseration--I hope your foot issues resolve soon.  I've been battling PF since September.  Just when I think it is starting to heal, I will twist my foot, land on it wrong, etc., and then "here we go again."  I need to remember to do the stretching exercises before I get out of bed.  Sigh.  Anyway, foot is still screaming--no way to rest it as my job entails standing 7 out of 8 hours/day.  Okay, done whimpering:-)

Yesterday's plan went as written.  Last night I made mayo with avocado oil and lime juice.  I REALLY like the avocado oil...this was a new food item for me. The resulting slaw was very good (cabbage, carrot, mayo mixed w/ mustard and coconut milk).  After battling my (recently purchased) cheap mini food processor, I have decided to go back to buying slaw mix (especially like rainbow slaw with the different shredded cabbages/vegetables).  The cost savings of shredding my own cabbage is not worth the time and mess ( I had cabbage flecks everywhere while cleaning up!).

Today's Food Plan

M1:  pork with salsa, fried zucchini and onions, 1/2 avocado, blueberries

M2:  apple/chicken sausage, broccoli, carrots, slaw, olives

M3:  large dinner salad:  mixed baby spring greens, bell pepper, onion, grape tomatoes, 2 hb eggs, 1 slice bacon, dressing (will choose between O&V and ranch); pineapple

rhonda

Did not sleep well at all last night.  Yesterday's food plan went as written except made avocado/mayo dressing for M3 salad and bacon serving size was 4 slices instead of one.  Lots of fat in that salad (it was delicious).  Prepared a dozen hard boiled eggs.  Wishing I had a pot of soup.  Oh well.  Onward,,,

Today's Food Plan

M1:  breakfast sausage, baby spinach & blueberry salad w/ O&V

M2:  cold shrimp, snap peas & green pepper w/ ranch; deviled eggs; banana

M3:  chicken breast, sweet potato, cauliflower--I'll throw some fat in there somewhere

rhonda

Archived