Whole Foods multivitamin and D3

Mmaiorana

Hello,

I am on day 2 of Whole30 and don't want to jeopardize my program this early on! I have a vitamin D deficiency (as many of us in the northern regions do) and my doctor prescribed 4000 IU/day of D3. The Whole Foods version has soybean and corn oils in it - is it time to look for another brand, and if so, could someone please recommend one? As far as the multi, I'm willing to forego that during the 30 days, and look for something without additives in the future; the 365 brand I have contains cellulose, stearic acid, silicon dioxide, and more weird ingredients. But again, a recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Marcy

My coop has at least three different options for vitamin d without corn or soy or rice bran oils (I think they are all olive oil based?), so yes, this is easily fixed and I would set your current vitamin d supplement aside for the remainder of your whole 30. I think the one I'm using is Now Foods brand, but just read labels and see what they carry near you.

You shouldn't need a general multivitamin at all during a whole30, or after. Assuming you maintain your good eating habits, you should be getting everything you need from the foods you eat, so I wouldn't worry much about replacing that one.

Archived