Whole 30 starting Jan 1

Run4fun

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that was the post I made I asked that those not adhering to a W30 continue on in a new thread and that those going for a W45, W60 etc could stay here. Did someone else post about that? Obviously you can post in any thread when you are not on W30 as long as you are not posting your food in a Whole30 section. Did any of that make sense? For example I only post about what I'm eating in the Post-W30 section unless it is completely compliant.

Yeah, I took the even the 45 and 60 are post 30 as being part of leaving the thread.  If that's not the case, then I'll continue on in this thread.

Yeah, I took the even the 45 and 60 are post 30 as being part of leaving the thread.  If that's not the case, then I'll continue on in this thread.

Ok now I'm remembering what I said. ;) That was more towards if you all wanted to stick together regardless of what you were doing then a post log would be the option. Does that make sense? 

Sorry to be so confusing...it all makes perfect sense in my head which I admit is a pretty strange place.  ;)  :ph34r:

Ok now I'm remembering what I said. ;) That was more towards if you all wanted to stick together regardless of what you were doing then a post log would be the option. Does that make sense? 

Sorry to be so confusing...it all makes perfect sense in my head which I admit is a pretty strange place.  ;)  :ph34r:

Yes, that does make sense. :)

Hey all... My results are in:

dzunip.png

I lost 11.2 Lbs and three inches off my chest, waist and hips.  I am happy with the 2.6% fat loss and 2 inches off my abdominals.

I am brave so I am happy to post my before and after photos:

Start:  January 1, 2014

30dc9pi.jpg

30 Days:  January 31, 2014

1zqepsp.jpg

Well I am always challenged to see progress in my photos but I will take my progress in my measurements, weight loss and my re-investment in my sound nutrition. 

Well I will put away the scale/measuring tape again for what I hope is at least another 30 days. 

The group has done so well and I am very impressed with the continued progress reports being made!

Cheers

DJ

Oh, yes! Still here. Just plugging away and been busy. Stayed compliant today -won't tomorrow- so I am almost looking at Monday as my hard re-start. I must admit that I am drooling for some dark chocolate. It will really taste deserved when I complete this phase 2 extension.

I love the photos and I do see the difference. Congrats!

I have nomnom Paleo's short ribs in the crock pot right now for dinner.  I have to say I'm getting more thoughts about "just a little ____ won't hurt" more since I've completed the 30 days.  It's almost like my mind is saying "wait, we're not done yet?" and keeps testing it.

Here to report that the Well Fed cottage pie worked wonderfully frozen in individual ramekins and reheated. I froze them last week, and just had the frozen test today. It is delicious, so if you want to have some frozen entrees for those nights you don't want to cook and none of your leftovers look good, I recommend it. I used ramekins that I got at Target, and followed the recipe exactly except instead of making it all in one big dish, I portioned a half batch into ramekins. Wait until it cools, wrap the top with plastic wrap (or if you have ramekins with lids that would be even better), pop in the fridge.

Then when you cook it, you just have to leave it in there until it is fully heated. I just checked on it and poked the middle with a fork until it was thawed; it took about 40 minutes as opposed to the 20 for the nonfrozen ones.

There is some ground lamb sitting in my fridge RIGHT NOW, so this week I'm going to make shepherd's pie instead of cottage. LOOK OUT Y'ALL I'M ON FIRE. Also I tried sauerkraut and adored it; another thing I ate once as a finicky teenager and never tried again that adult me want to shove in my face hole. I'm always so happy to find another fermented food that I like! And sauerkraut is SUPER CHEAP YOU GUYS.

So lamb is happening, sauerkraut is happening... now I must roll up my sleeves, pore over the kombucha thread, and GET READY TO BREW MY OWN BOOCH. Still no news on the mayo front... I am trying again this afternoon.

Thanks so much to all of y'all, and all the mods, for all the support AND the ideas. I have found SO MANY GREAT FOODS THAT ARE SO GOOD FOR ME, I have kicked my gum habit, and I just feel HAPPY.

Also I tried sauerkraut and adored it; another thing I ate once as a finicky teenager and never tried again that adult me want to shove in my face hole. I'm always so happy to find another fermented food that I like! And sauerkraut is SUPER CHEAP YOU GUYS.

Just double checking that you got raw fermented from the refrigerated section not the stuff in jar/can in the olive part of the store. I've never found buying kraut to be super cheap myself which is why I ask. Though I guess it does last a long time. 

May-o your Whole30 dreams come true, Alliath! Good job on the mayonnaise.

Ran the half marathon yesterday at 2:07. It was hot and humid in South Florida and I cramped after an energy paste at on Mile 11 & 12 but overall I am pleased. I am almost 45 years old and I am 8 lbs lighter after two Whole30s since this race last year. I did go off plan while running but I also accepted that I would - and hopped back on the Whole 30 again this morning. It just feels better to eat like this. I am not starting at Day1 because that seems sad and my transgressions I felt were necessary running in 80' heat and humidity.

And seriously, I am feeling like a superstar at the moment.

EAH

Hey all... Doing well with my continuation of my W__. I am eating on plan and doing so without any feelings of hardship.  I have had some "I deserve it" type thoughts but really have been able to set aside any poor choices.  The "I deserve it" phrase has got me in a lot of trouble over the years.  Food rewards are fools gold for me.

I made a batch of W30 Chilli last night and have some for lunches this week.  I am continuing on with my Focus T25 workout program and doing week 5 of the ten week program. Week 6 moves into "beta" cycle which is much more challenging. (be afraid... Very afraid).  I hope you all are doing well and find yourselves on a positive path!

Cheers

DJ

I think I am going to check in here and 2/1 forum. Thanks for the info. I need all the inspiration I can get to keep going. A pumpkin muffin was so tempting this morning so I distracted myself with these forums and found the urge had passed. Gosh...

EAH

Me too, Tracy, I've been faltering.

I had dinner with a group of people last night at a hot new restaurant and we were ordering for the table. After every selection they turned to me and asked, "Is that okay? Can you eat THAT?" It was very sweet but I actually felt embarrassed for making the group bow to my needs and I started nodding my head because I felt like I was being a real pain-in-the-butt. The table ordered cocktails. The table ordered expensive wine. (And I am foregoing it all knowing that I will stay be paying for it -but I am still okay with it.) Then the sushi came as did the sashimi and I caved! I had two pieces of sushi. I knew the rice was wrong. And wouldn't you know it, a stomach ache all day.

I need to either 1) adhere to part deux as seriously as I did the first 30 days or 2) structure my own post 30 road map.

I realize a lot of people are gone but if anybody is still out there.... I'd love to know your experiences.

djoyce - how do you like the T25 program?  Now that I am at my goal weight, I really need to do something to put my muscles back together.

I really like it.  I am a big fan of all out intensity for shorter durations.  25 minutes is doable and i do like the moves.  However, I may not agree with this assessment come next week when I switch to Beta (the second 1/2 which is ramped up intensity).

I am a fan of beachbody programs and T25 is great.  I also bought P90X3 with my Christmas money this year but I have not tried it yet (later this year).  P90X3 is 30 miniute sessions.

I wish I was at my goal weight but it will come.  Work in progress!  Now I cannot take more than one day off or I get antsy!

Cheers

DJ

Me too, Tracy, I've been faltering.

I had dinner with a group of people last night at a hot new restaurant and we were ordering for the table. After every selection they turned to me and asked, "Is that okay? Can you eat THAT?" It was very sweet but I actually felt embarrassed for making the group bow to my needs and I started nodding my head because I felt like I was being a real pain-in-the-butt. The table ordered cocktails. The table ordered expensive wine. (And I am foregoing it all knowing that I will stay be paying for it -but I am still okay with it.) Then the sushi came as did the sashimi and I caved! I had two pieces of sushi. I knew the rice was wrong. And wouldn't you know it, a stomach ache all day.

I need to either 1) adhere to part deux as seriously as I did the first 30 days or 2) structure my own post 30 road map.

I realize a lot of people are gone but if anybody is still out there.... I'd love to know your experiences.

EAH

For me the rules are critical.  I don't offroad well.  I know that for now, I need the whole whole 30 program to provide structure and "rules" that give me a path to success.  I have tried to "modify" the program and make it work my own way but I always end up in a bad place.  I will find a way to modify the program when I am ready but for now.  I need the structure.  I hope you find a way to make it work for you.  Keep trying because we only truely lose when we lose the ability to hope and try!

Cheers

DJ

EAH

For me the rules are critical.  I don't offroad well. 

Yes, I am discovering this as well.  I can be less strict about additives in condiments (sugar or soy).  But I am quick to continue down the bad path if I go 'off road' with gluten, dairy or added sugars / paleo treats.

As such, the last week hasn't gone all that well for me.  Nothing horrible, but my migraines have been bad, pms was bad, and I'm broke till payday (just had to make a big orthdontist payment!)... so I'm basically eating out of the pantry.  Ironically it is the wish to limit my migraines that brings me to the whole 30 - yet it is often they themselves that throw me under the bus!  Actually I suppose that is to be expected.

My w30 skills haven't gone to waste, but I am disappointed that I haven't gotten back on the horse as well as I'd like. That moderation thing is, in fact, quite hard.  I think I had too high expectations for myself for only my 2nd w30.  I thought post holiday and post 2nd success that 95% paleo / whole foods would be my 'new life' and far less of a struggle.  But I am still a novice I think.

I am certainly still trying.  Trying to figure out how to make it less of a (perceived) hardship on my boyfriend and how to stay completely compliant on my own and only offroad for other peoples food / restaurant fare for no more then 2 meals per week.  I'm probably going to do a whole 14 starting this Saturday  to get the dairy and gluten out of my system again and then see if I can add rice and lentils for budgeting.

I tried oatmeal for breakfast a couple times this week, but it leaves me hungry within 3 hours and I expect it to be sweet.  plus I love butter and cannot figure out how to like ghee.... so really I think oatmeal is out again.

I'm also going to step up my exercise this month... I find I need to get away from thinking about food as much as anything!

Archived