Any other December Whole30ers out there?

leahya

Hey everyone!

Tomorrow, Dec 17, I will begin my first Whole30. I've explored this for a while, but have never fully committed to it. After a lot of research and preparation, I feel I'm finally ready-- I'm choosing to do this through the holidays because I feel that my relationship to eating right now is more emotional/environmentally determined than it's ever been, and that's something I would really like to work on. I know that this will be difficult, and I'd love to have other people to talk to and to support as well. If anyone else is currently doing a Whole30 or starting one soon, let's talk! 

This is kind of my thinking but I've been doing it for 3 months now, but because of food sensitivities I have found - I am doing through Christmas.  I'm learning trial and error but the forum has helped me be encouraged and to keep going and it helps me to not only read peoples trials and suggestions but helps me to even share with others what I am learning.  Blessings to success as you begin this journey!!  Becky

I'm also doing Whole30 through December, for a lot of the very same reasons.  I feel like this time of year is when you really need to be in tune with 'why' you decide to induldge in traditional, notsogoodforyou festivities.  I've been ok so far, but the real challenges are yet to come over the next week or so.

Best of luck!

Jess

Day 12 here!

I don't have a lot of the same food hangups folks have -- I don't celebrate Christmas, so I don't have a lot of food traditions this time of year -- but there's a lot going on around me, including with roommates and members of my family who do celebrate, and the things I do celebrate (Saturnalia, the Solstice, NYE) are spaces in which I'll potentially have to abstain from a few things.

Being in a house where other people are making sugar cookies, for instance?  Adventure.

Thanks, everyone! I truly appreciate being able to have this community. Kudos to all of you on your journeys. 

I've been thinking a lot about my holiday traditions, and how food and alcohol are so central to many of them. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I think (hope!) this adventure will certainly be helpful in finding meaningfulness beyond food and alcohol. Today is day 1, so I'm still in the 'excited' phase, but I'm sure that I'll have plenty of questions for you once this gets going.

Also, if anyone has ideas/experiences/strategies that have worked well or that they think would work well for social settings and parties, I would be interested to hear them. 

Hi! I'm Michelle.  Just started yesterday and am exhausted.  Please someone tell me when the energy kicks in? :)

Decided to start in December because there's always a tomorrow to start.  Rather than put of yet another tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow, I jumped in heart first!

Will be using the forum a lot I'm sure as it's holiday time and the consulting companies we work for have started the parade of holiday treats.

As tired as I am, I'm really excited to get to know you all!

Hi! I'm Michelle.  Just started yesterday and am exhausted.  Please someone tell me when the energy kicks in? :)

Hi Michelle.

Sounds like you're right in line with the Whole30 timeline. http://www.whole9life.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

If you'd like to check what you've been eating, post a couple days' worth of your food log so folks here can give you feedback on any suggested tweaks.

• 2 weeks later...

My gym is starting the Whole 30 on Jan 2nd so I started reading the book to get ready but once I started reading I was convinced to start right away.. Now I'm finishing my 2nd week but have a few questions.. I've had a mouth full of canker sores and wondered if this was common or if anyone has experienced this in the beginning? Also when does your body get used to digesting all the veggies? I get a stomach ache and severe bloating every night? Thanks for any help.. I'm excited about the program!!

My gym is starting the Whole 30 on Jan 2nd so I started reading the book to get ready but once I started reading I was convinced to start right away.. Now I'm finishing my 2nd week but have a few questions.. I've had a mouth full of canker sores and wondered if this was common or if anyone has experienced this in the beginning? Also when does your body get used to digesting all the veggies? I get a stomach ache and severe bloating every night? Thanks for any help.. I'm excited about the program!!

Having canker sores is not common. Makes me wonder if you introduced a food to which you have a sensitivity or allergy. What are you eating now that you didn't eat pre-W30?

Bloating is common. Some folks find relief with digestive enzymes or probiotics, like sauerkraut, kimchi and kombucha.

Archived