My eating is out of control today

Chess0727

Well, I'm on a roll today and feeling just horrible about it ~ not a good cycle.

My husband and I eat fairly clean already.  No grains, no legumes, no processed food....but we do enjoy dark chocolate occasionally , some "paleofied"  treats sweetened with honey or maple syrup , dried fruits and nuts.  I use half and half in my coffee and am going to go with coconut milk once the cream is gone (that will be this week)  If I had to classify how we eat ~ I would say we are primal.

I am trying to clean up my eating to lose the last 20 pounds I need too (down 60 in the last 2 to 3 years).  This past week we decided to do the Whole 30 just after Christmas.  Sounds good right??  :)

Well yesterday I was feeling like , OH MY GOODNESS, no more paleo brownies?  no more dark chocolate with almonds??  And it's not like I have a lot of this type of food.  (maybe 2 or 3 times per month).  I went crazy last night with the chocolate and woke up this morning and have not been able to stop with the dried fruits and nuts....totally out of control.  I even overate on chicken at lunch time.

What is going on???  I haven't had a binge like this in a very long time....I am even craving wine and I very rarely drink these days as that  tends to make me  want to eat things I shouldn't :)

Has anyone else gone through this??  How did you handle it?? 

Don't tell yourself no more treats EVER.When you decide to do a Whole30, you commit to the program for 30 days. Then decide how you want to eat afterward, based on the results you got and how you feel.

It sounds like your mind and the choice to have lots of chocolate ignited a huge craving. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and move forward.

Hi Melbourne,

I hear you...so discouraging and im having a hard time coming back from it.  I've put the chocolate that is left in the freezer...but am thinking I should just throw it out.  I really don't have "processed" stuff in the house so this was just bizzare for me to go nuts on the dark chocolate.  It's really an emotional thing for me I think....

Hang in there :)  Family Reunions can be emotional and there is ALWAYS tons of food!!

C

My mantra for my first Whole30 was "You can do anything for 30 days", knowing the end is there gives you a clear goal to achieve, not a never-ending horizon.

Fear regarding food is kind of natural, humans all fear running out of food, we need it to live. It sounds like you're triggering a fear of missing out, or going without.

Pick 5 new recipes to try on your Whole30 (maybe even some new ingredients) and come up with some meal plans.

You may find some forward planning will calm your brain down a bit, if it can think about all the food you can have, rather than what you can't.

Archived