Q'doba?

SarahMarch

I am curious if anyone has information about Q'doba and what kinds of oils they cook with/what foods are compliant? We are going on a looong road trip with kids and I am really concerned about staying Whole30 compiant when we are dining out.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Sarah

(On Day 20 of my Whole30 and feeling really good!)

The nice thing is that if you go on line, you can check the boxes for all of the allergens and then see what you are left with. So click "Soy Free" "Gluten Free" "Dairy Free" "Wheat Free" and see what is left on your choice Du'Jour.

It seems that the only meat is the pork oddly enough. Go for a naked salad (no taco shell).

The only other issue is finding out what oils are used in their stuff. There is nothing that allows you to avoid see oils in their application.

Aargh. I just ate at Q'Doba on a whim. I was coming back from the chiropractor and did a quick "Q'Doba paleo options" search and the first blog I found suggested the grilled chicken and grilled vegetables. I was having huge issues even getting my AT&T to download the data, so I just went for it. I'm very unhappy that I just had soybean oil. Now what?

Aargh. I just ate at Q'Doba on a whim. I was coming back from the chiropractor and did a quick "Q'Doba paleo options" search and the first blog I found suggested the grilled chicken and grilled vegetables. I was having huge issues even getting my AT&T to download the data, so I just went for it. I'm very unhappy that I just had soybean oil. Now what?

This is an individual decision, and ultimately, it's up to you and the goals you set for yourself at the beginning of your Whole30. Soy can break the "re-set" process so you might consider starting over but this also doesn't mean that your whole experiment is ruined. There is still a lot to learn from your w30 and this experience.

I was looking for a re-set, so I guess in that aspect, I did mess myself up. But, I guess I will just carry on, try to not venture into new territory (and Q'doba was definitely new territory, I've never eaten there...) without doing a little more due diligence. And, ultimately, I will probably end up extending myself for 9 more days. I feel pretty confident that 9 days is a drop in the bucket. I would like to continue indefinitely with paleo.

• 1 month later...

I'm a little confused about something...

The PDF file that Nicole Johnson posted earlier in this thread has conflicting information. It says that the pork is soy-free in the chart, but according to page 2 where the ingredients are listed, it says the pork contains soybean oil! What the crap?

• 2 years later...

Archived