jennor

Hello Sailor! Thank you for your kind comment. I certainly have more work to do with my snacking habits at night. Do you have trouble sleeping because you are hungry when you don't snack? I definitely do. Congratulations on Day 23 and keep on trucking!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, Ashley! I can't believe it is 29 already!

Day 29

2014 01 24

Sleep: 7,5 or 7-ish. Worn down and tired from the week, I realized that I set my alarm too late. I woke up just in time to get my streak run in and head into work early. Last day at work before vacation, thank goodness!

Food:

Breakfast: frittata w/ veggies, black coffee, clementine

Lunch: chicken wings, smoked chicken breast w/ mayo, salad (catered event with work)

Snack: freeze dried fruits (catered, this was delicious but probably a food w/o breaks)

Snack: Apple. Desperate for dinner!

Dinner: three course dinner at the event. Good food, but I had to discard part of my entree because they put some lactose free milk goop on my plate. For dessert I got fruit, which was nice.

Snack: handful walnuts and cranberries, clementine. 2 oranges, coconut. Slightly hungry but mostly tired and too wired too go to bed immediately after getting home. This time in my day needs a Whole30 of habit changing on its own!

So, so tired. Today has been a 15 hour work day. Must sleeeeeep now....

Day 30

2014 01 25

Sleep: 8+ hours! The kids woke up but I told my husband I thought he should take them downstairs, and that I needed some sleep. That almost never happens, usually I take them. It took me a while to go back to sleep but then I slept for an extra hour or so. Amazing! I am serious about doing a SleepWhole30 though, where I sleep at least 8 hours a night for 30 days. I think that was the first of them, in fact!

Food:

Breakfast: Cubed sweet potato, onion and apple hash, 2 eggs sunny side up, Moroccan dipping sauce. Double espresso w/ almond milk. De-caf w/ almond milk.

Lunch: Same hash as for breakfast, lemon roasted chicken over big salad of spinach, tomato, avocado and apple. Spicy chipotle mayo. Followed by a de-caf almond milk latte, toasted coconut, almonds and cranberries. Yum, yum.

Dinner:

Exercise: 7.8 km (just under 5 mi) with kids in the stroller and my husband. It was freezing cold. We stopped at a playground and the kids played for a bit before we headed home to defrost them in a warm bath. Poor things. They will love to get some sun and warmth soon!

I am thinking about tomorrow. I have a pretty clear idea about re-intro. With my immune system attacking my poor intestine any chance it gets (ulcerative colitis is an auto immune illness) I will definitely try not to provoke things. It will probably take years to heal, and maybe never be normal. Plus, I have been without gluten, milk, soy and legumes since the summer, so I am used to the life style. I will occasionally off-road, but it is becoming less tempting. However, I will celebrate with a few chocolate pralines carefully selected from a chocolatier tomorrow night, or some dark quality chocolate. That is my treat. Other than that I will continue eating this way.

I still have some things I want to work on, habits I want to tweak further. Sleep is one such thing, and the evening snack galore another. Or, actually they are probably related. As I mentioned I have decided to sleep at least 8 hours the next 30 days. The first 16 should be easy as I will be off work and not have to get up at 5:20. Then I will probably do another w30 starting February 11.

Off to feed the kids. Later!

Archived