Starting tomorrow - Dec 26

punchbuggyblue

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 20. I got a full 3 hours of sleep. I feel AMAZING . . . not! Only 10 days left if I can sleep. I even took Natural Calm last night, I must be the one person on the planet that can't use Natural Calm to help me sleep. Oh joy, oh rapture, oh bliss! I am definitely a unique snowflake.  

Day 20. I'm sleeping much better and the cravings are mostly gone now. It's all downhill from here :)

Tina: how did your last whole30 go?

I am glad you are doing so well. My last one was not fun. I was in the kill all things stage from day 4 - day 26. I finally quit on day 26 cause I couldn't take it anymore. This time I did not have a kill all things stage but other than that I feel exactly the same as I did on day one. Not fun when you work so hard and you have no results. I am only sleeping 5 hours a night but since I have been doing that for the last 5 years I am used to being tired all the time. I was really hoping that I would see some benefit to eating this way. Really makes a good case for me to go back to chocolate and wine. Maybe a miracle will happen on day 30. Only 8 days left.

(I don't know how to copy posts)

I do feel better than usual, and like I said, sleeping much better, but I have never had boundless energy like so many people claim to during whole30. Part of me wants to keep going after the 30 to see what happens, but its my little girl's birthday on day 31 so I know I'll splurge.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time, Tina :(

(I don't know how to copy posts)

I do feel better than usual, and like I said, sleeping much better, but I have never had boundless energy like so many people claim to during whole30. Part of me wants to keep going after the 30 to see what happens, but its my little girl's birthday on day 31 so I know I'll splurge.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time, Tina :(

To copy a post click on the Quote icon at the bottom of the post. I haven't tried the multiquote icon, but I have seen people replying to multiple quotes. I normally eat a modified paleo diet so I will stick with it but I will probably eat some gluten free grains, chocolate and wine every once in a while. I think a piece of birthday cake is a nice reward for making it thorough a whole30. Enjoy every bite.

I'm currently feeling your pain TIna - I'm not sleeping all that well either at the moment, but I think that's more to do with the heat here in Aus at the moment.  We're in the middle of a 5-day heatwave with temps over 40C (104F). Yesterday got to 44.4C (112F) and an overnight minimum of 27C (81F).  Not. Fun.

but is everyone having trouble getting to sleep, or staying asleep?  I know of a little trick to get to sleep that I picked up while doing my post-grad study when my brain just wouldn't stop thinking about my research... Requires a sexual partner or battery powered devices  :P  seriously, it works!

I'm out of the whole30.  When it's 46C (115F) and you don't have air-conditioning, a girl's gotta have some ice-cream!!  I've been off dairy for over a month, and it was lactose-free ice-cream, and so far no ill effects after eating a litre of it!  So I don't think I have any problem with casein.  I'll keep pretty much to the whole30/paleo/primal plan, and slowly reintroduce other dairy.  I suspect lactose could be a problem though, but at least we have a range of lactose-free dairy in Aus.

Good luck everyone!  At least with the cold in the northern hemisphere, you can have nice warming compliant stews and all that.  We're just melting in Australia.  Bit like my ice-cream on the short 5 min walk home.

Day 30! I made it. Unfortunately I don't really feel any different. I look the same as day 1 but my acid reflux is gone. Not sure where to go from here. I will probably start reintroducing foods slowly and see how I feel. I think I will start with chocolate today! lol

How is everyone else doing?

Day 30! I made it. Unfortunately I don't really feel any different. I look the same as day 1 but my acid reflux is gone. Not sure where to go from here. I will probably start reintroducing foods slowly and see how I feel. I think I will start with chocolate today! lol

How is everyone else doing?

Great that your acid reflux is gone!

Out of curiosity, did you take measurements before and after?

A proper, controlled reintroduction is a sound next step.  Not sure about doing chocolate first, at that will typically include dairy, soy and sugar.  You might want to reintro dairy and soy individually first before you tackle the chocolate - just a thought.

Great that your acid reflux is gone!

Out of curiosity, did you take measurements before and after?

A proper, controlled reintroduction is a sound next step.  Not sure about doing chocolate first, at that will typically include dairy, soy and sugar.  You might want to reintro dairy and soy individually first before you tackle the chocolate - just a thought.

Thanks Chris. I was just kidding about the chocolate. I took pictures instead of measurements. My before picture looks better than today. Not the result I was hoping for. I think I am eating too much and I don't think my body can handle all the fat because I don't have a gallbladder. I don't do a lot of exercise because I have a back injury so maybe the meal template is for those who do cross fit and not for the couch potatoes. Still waiting for the tiger blood.

Thanks Chris. I was just kidding about the chocolate. I took pictures instead of measurements. My before picture looks better than today. Not the result I was hoping for. I think I am eating too much and I don't think my body can handle all the fat because I don't have a gallbladder. I don't do a lot of exercise because I have a back injury so maybe the meal template is for those who do cross fit and not for the couch potatoes. Still waiting for the tiger blood.

I'm sorry you weren't pleased with your results, Tina, and I know this isn't your first "rodeo."

On the meal template, I believe whether or not you exercise is irrelevant to that design. The absence of a gall bladder would likely change things.

I hope you find the added energy you seek.  Have you explored working with a functional medicine practitioner? 

I'm sorry you weren't pleased with your results, Tina, and I know this isn't your first "rodeo."

On the meal template, I believe whether or not you exercise is irrelevant to that design. The absence of a gall bladder would likely change things.

I hope you find the added energy you seek.  Have you explored working with a functional medicine practitioner? 

I work with a homeopath, is that the same thing? I have been trying to change my diet for the last two years. The only thing that is slightly better is being gluten free.

Archived