My Very First Whole 30

Lisa L

01/14/14 - day seventeen

STILL completely exhausted. I don't know when this energy is supposed to kick in but I wish it would soon. People at work (and home) are starting to comment on how tired I look all the time. I can't concentrate and I just want a nap. I'm sleeping worse than ever because of the darn food dreams. Having a hard time staying on the forward path...

Breakfast: two eggs and sweet potato hashbrowns - not much food, not hungry and feeling SO tired I could barely stand up to cook

Lunch: chicken, broccoli and ghee

Dinner: chicken and veggies - almonds

I brought a snack today in case my breakfast wasn't enough. I'm just so tired today that I could barely stomach any food this morning. I know there are others out there who have experienced this too...please offer some encouragement.

What about upping your eggs to 3 at breakfast, and getting 2-3 cups of veggies at every meal?  

Are you also staying sufficiently hydrated? Aim for drinking water, in the amount of half your body weight in ounces, daily.

Feeling better today...not sure why. Maybe it was a slump?

Day 18 - 01/15/2014

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled with spinach and tomatoes, avocado and sweet potato hashbrowns

Lunch - Chili with avocado

Dinner - leftover chili, cinnamon apples

Did some lifting and walking this morning. It felt good to move again. 

Exhausted again today. Also haven't "gone" in several days. Really uncomfortable with all of this. TMI I know but I went from once a day to every few days (or more) and I don't like it.

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled with leftover chili, sweet potato

Lunch - pulled pork with TONS of steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, onion, red/green pepper, carrots etc)

Dinner- chicken and sweet potatoes - too exhausted to make anything else.

Took 2 naps during the day and went to bed at 8:30...so tired.

01/17/14 - day 20

Exhausted yet again, but not surprised. Pushed snooze a few times hoping for some extra energy later but it didn't work. Have a low grade headache today as well. 2/3 of the way done - thank goodness. Starting to view this as torture. 

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled with salsa and avocado, sweet potatoes

Day 20-something...

Feeling more normal. I found kombucha and it has helped with my tummy issues.

Breakfast was a veggie frittata

Lunch will be leftover salmon cakes with veggies

Dinner will be burgers with salad

Need to make another batch of mayo today. My daughter has been very sick so I have been not spending a lot of time in the kitchen.

Energy is okay but probably cuz I slept 10 hours. We will see how tomorrow goes when I am back at work

01/22/14 - day 25. 

Are there really only 5 days left? Wow.

I started planning out my reintroduction meals to make sure I try everything I know I would like to eat again in the future. With all of that it adds an extra 2 weeks to the plan. 

Still pretty tired today but I didn't push snooze so maybe getting better there. 

Breakfast: veggie frittata and sweet potato hashbrowns

Snack: salmon cake with mayo

Lunch: 2 chicken thighs with a HUGE salad

Dinner: steak and roasted root veggies.

Archived