Ashley's Round 4

almcc

Hi everyone, & welcome back sailorlawrence :)

I'm eating braised lamb's hearts & spinach for breakfast. Lucky my OH is out, he really can't get his head around my breakfast at the best of times (I've only been primal/paleo since October 2012 :rolleyes: ) Funny, he recorded a programme about "astonishing" diet advice, just for me - I think he was expecting it to be a calories in = calories out type of thing! but instead it was all stuff like "diet cola makes you fat" & "aspartame is carcinogenic" & "fat is good for you & vital for health" etc. So he was astonished, while I was nodding sagely. I've had some stomach trouble lately, which he was saying was down to "all those cooked breakfasts!". Hmm...

My new job is another cleaning job, at a school, from 6am to 7:45am :o I think I'll be alright once I get used to it!

Today we are going to the in-laws for a family gathering, which means lunch will probably be a bit of salmon & some salad (hence the heavy protein for breakfast!). For dinner tonight I'm making the spicy pineapple chilli from Civilised Caveman, our favourite chilli. Plus some courgette noodles.

Happy eating everybody :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roz- I'm amazed at what you eat for breakfast! I bet I could eat lamb hearts but I don't think I could prepare them. Have fun at the in laws.

sailorlawrence- happy day 5!!! Glad it's getting easier. Enjoy the lazy day!!

I had a good start to the day. I ate my usual. Now I'm plotting how long I'm going to watch Prime Suspect and when I'm going to get some work done.

Happy Eating!!!!!

Roz- I don't think I could do it. I'm squeamish.

Yesterday- day 10

M1: eggs, ground meat, so, power greens, decaf/cm/ghee banana

M2: bacon, carrots, olives. Did not eat enough. Needed food on the road a short time later.

M3: steak, plantains, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cm, banana. Had terrible bloating and indigestion (tmi?) after this. Have made these before. Need to go look at ingredients.

Feel ok this morning. Woke up before the alarm ready to go.

Happy eating everyone!!!

It makes me laugh how I used to be a veggie until my 20s & here I am now noshing on hearts for breakfast :lol: Not today though, I had leftover carnitas with parsnip noodles & spinach. Mmm...

Managed not to kill anyone the last two days, but that was more luck than judgement I think... Today I am sleepy, right on cue. But I walked down to the post office, & it was sunny & very windy & quite invigorating. Plus my copy of nomnompaleo's book has just arrived, yay! I'll have a read right after this nap...

A friend posted a photo of her dinner last night and I looked at it with horror.  Not too long ago I would have thought it was a good healthy salad, but this time I just wondered where the substance was.  There was no protein.  There were no dark greens.  It was just a vegetarian salad filled with celery, tomatoes and lettuce.  I'm not yet eating hearts for breakfast, but I sure know that my vision of a good meal is vastly different than it was not so long ago.  Congrats on not killing anyone.

Hi all,

I am still reading your posts with interest ready to start tomorrow :-) can't wait to be honest wanted to start today but mum insisted I hve Christmas dinner with all the bits so I blew it and thought Tuesday would be a good day. It's been a difficult few months and I so want to get my head back in gear knowing that food will help. I managed to do a Bokwa class tonight but not very well. I wanted to throw up and goto the toilet a lot :-( hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Happy eating everyone :-) x

Hi Ashley and happy day 12! Can you believe we are already at day 12? I feel like we just started and at the same time like we have been going on forever. :)

I love waking up before my alarm, that is always a good sign! 

Wow day 12!!!!! That's almost half way through if you were doing the whole30 but am pleased you're doing longer so I can jump on in :-) day 1 for me.

Meal 1 - bacon, 2 eggs, ( cooked in coconut oil) bettroot, half tin of orange segments, half a red pepper and cherry tomatoes and and handful of nuts :-) yummy

Hope you all have a happy day - happy eatin everyone :-) xxx

Hi all- woke up to 9F weather today. Actually was up off and on worried about the heating and then the child had to leave at 6am. Of course her coat is at college. But all is well and we are now at a balmy 13. With an expected high of 60F on Saturday. Weather in southern US is funky.

Roz- I made carnitas last night. I'm going to make some kind of noodle tonight. How is nommompaleo's book. I'm going to get her iPad app.

Emma- I know what you mean. My mantra the last week or so has been - where's the protein? Hubby was so proud of his salad. And all I could say is where is the protein? I think I am a whole30 snob.

Hedgehog- yippee!! Happy day 1.

jennor - it's day 12. Amazing! It's been much easier this time for me. How about for you?

Yesterday was not so bad but my stomach is just not doing well. It is possible that I ate so badly during the holidays that I'm still working through all that. Going to continue as I have been for a few more days and if things don't improve I'll start the ibs protocol. Ack.

Yesterday for M2 I had tuna, mayo, carrots, olives and for M3: I had carnitas, sweet potato, and guac.

This morning I had eggs, sp, guac, decaf/cm/ghee

Happy eating!!!

Waking up before your alarm, Jennor?!  I can't wait for that to happen!  I feel like I'm always tired, no matter what.  I'm on day 6 right now of my first Whole 30.  Will I be waking early soon?  I'm currently hitting snooze about 700 times every morning :)

Almcc, Probiotics for the stomach thing?  I think it makes a huge difference for my kids and a decent difference for me.  

Thanks Emma, I have not been good about taking my probiotics or my enzymes.  Will start today! :)

Day 1 complete :-)

All done whoop needed to snack a bit with some fruit and a handful of nuts but it's all about making my meals the right size

Hope everyone has had a good day :-)

Happy eating everyone x

Congratulations on day 1. Here's to day 2!!!!

Oh, I second the probiotics! I need to remember to buy new ones for myself too, I ran out a week ago.

I think I have to do some catching up on sleep before I will wake up before my alarm too. It is just so dark and dreary in Sweden this time of the year. When I read about the US weather though, it seems you all have it much worse. 9F to 60F??? Where in the US are you? I was in Atlanta in November for a conference. It was my first visit to the south. Unfortunately I saw mostly the congress hall...

Good luck on lucky 13 today! :lol:

Oh, I second the probiotics! I need to remember to buy new ones for myself too, I ran out a week ago.

I think I have to do some catching up on sleep before I will wake up before my alarm too. It is just so dark and dreary in Sweden this time of the year. When I read about the US weather though, it seems you all have it much worse. 9F to 60F??? Where in the US are you? I was in Atlanta in November for a conference. It was my first visit to the south. Unfortunately I saw mostly the congress hall...

Good luck on lucky 13 today! :lol:

I am just outside of Atlanta.  Wacky weather.

Last night I slept all night.  Wooohoooo!!  The power of a good night's sleep is unbelievable.  I am off to work out for the first time in 2 weeks. Cannot wait.

Happy day 13!!!

Hi All - day 2 DONE!

Meal 1: same as yesterday 2 eggs carrot and onion bettroot and a handful of nuts

Meal 2: salmon patties, handful of nuts a bit of a sweet potato and 3 cherry tomatoes

Meal 3: left over curry from yesterday with fish and a banana.

I had an orange and did a Bokwa session.

I have a little but of stomach ache.

I have had too many nuts I think. Do you guys think what I have had is ok. X

Hedgehog- congrats in finishing day 2!!! I'm not a good judge of food. I'm trying my best to follow the template.

Today was a workout day and I didn't plan well. I cannot eat before I go and I didn't bring anything to eat after. So I had 2 meals today.

M1: chipotle's carnitas over lettuce with guac and salsa, banana

M2: eggs, bacon, kale, sp, banana

No nuts. Woohoo!!!

Happy eating!

Hey everyone :)

Day 10 done. Been eating too much dried fruit lately, & today brought ferocious cravings for chocolate. I didn't sleep well last night, I think that contributed to it. And I still want to kill all the things :rolleyes:

Just made Fiona's Green Chicken from Nom Nom Paleo's book for tea, it was really tasty. There's a helping leftover too, hurrah. I'm relieved cos I've been a bit off food again today. Hey-ho.

Disappearing back into hiding, as I'm not in the best mood... Plus our football (soccer, sorry!) is losing 4-1, so my OH is in a grump. Going to carry on reading Chris Kresser's book, try & get some paleo-inspiration ;)

Happy eating everybody!

Hi all,

Day 4 for me and I am doing good! very proud lol working in a bakery and at swimming teaching today they handed out chocolates but resisted.

I had a dream about hiding chocolate in the dishwasher he he he - whats that all about :-)

A day behind writing up my food log

meal 1: eggs and beetroot ( handful of nuts yesterday and small oranges but had not fruit or nuts today ) with tomatoes

meal 2: T bacon and mushrooms F salmon fishcakes with peppers sweet potato fritta

meal 3: T chillie with sweet potato fritta F chicken under the grill sweet potato mash and carrots and parsnips roasted

i need to drink more water and eat more at meal 2.

do people find this eating more expensive than usual shopping bills? I bought a load of food as I am hoping to have a cook off tomorrow. I wish that I could get coconut milk cheaper.

Hope u have all had a good day - happy eating everyone!!!

Hi All,

Been swamped with things so I have not been on.  But all is good.  Almost done with day 15.

Today I ate my usual for M1: sp, homemade sausage, eggs, power greens, coffee/cm/ghee.

For lunch I had carry out for a safe place: Burger, sp, lettuce, tom, my homemade mayo

Tonight we are going out to a fancy spanish/tapas place.  I called ahead to warn them.  I feel good about it.

I worked out again today.  Ran a bit, push ups, and row thingies.  

Will be on more tomorrow.

Happy Saturday!!

Hi all,

Day 4 for me and I am doing good! very proud lol working in a bakery and at swimming teaching today they handed out chocolates but resisted.

I had a dream about hiding chocolate in the dishwasher he he he - whats that all about :-)

A day behind writing up my food log

meal 1: eggs and beetroot ( handful of nuts yesterday and small oranges but had not fruit or nuts today ) with tomatoes

meal 2: T bacon and mushrooms F salmon fishcakes with peppers sweet potato fritta

meal 3: T chillie with sweet potato fritta F chicken under the grill sweet potato mash and carrots and parsnips roasted

i need to drink more water and eat more at meal 2.

do people find this eating more expensive than usual shopping bills? I bought a load of food as I am hoping to have a cook off tomorrow. I wish that I could get coconut milk cheaper.

Hope u have all had a good day - happy eating everyone!!!

Hey - can you order coconut milk from Amazon?  It seems cheaper in bulk.  Also I am going to try to make almond milk. Others make coconut milk.  Not sure of its cheaper.

Woohoo, btw!  You are doing great!

Hey everyone :)

Day 10 done. Been eating too much dried fruit lately, & today brought ferocious cravings for chocolate. I didn't sleep well last night, I think that contributed to it. And I still want to kill all the things :rolleyes:

Just made Fiona's Green Chicken from Nom Nom Paleo's book for tea, it was really tasty. There's a helping leftover too, hurrah. I'm relieved cos I've been a bit off food again today. Hey-ho.

Disappearing back into hiding, as I'm not in the best mood... Plus our football (soccer, sorry!) is losing 4-1, so my OH is in a grump. Going to carry on reading Chris Kresser's book, try & get some paleo-inspiration ;)

Happy eating everybody!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Day10!!!!

Hope the killing feelings go away soon.

Archived