Ashley's Round 4

almcc

Sorry about your neighbor, Hedgehog. Stay strong!

I am pretty sure I haven't lost any. My clothes fit pretty much the same as always. I feel good though. I could go on like this forever, if it wasn't for one thing.

Chocolate. Still miss chocolate.

It's chocolate and potatoes (chips, fries) for me. I keep waiting to not miss those. May never happen.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 24! Wow- I'm almost 1/4 of the way done.

Last night I ended up making tuna salad with homemade mayo and sp fries.  I also had olives.  The sp fries were tasty but limp.  Need to work on that. Anyone else made them successfully?

I slept okay last night - up once and moved to another bed. Slept almost 9 hours with the break at 1:30. Not bad.

I need to cut back on fruit - so this week I am practicing just 1 piece per day and only tea after dinner.  See if that helps my sleep.

Happy Eating!!

It's chocolate and potatoes (chips, fries) for me. I keep waiting to not miss those. May never happen.

I am coming to the same conclusion. I may never stop missing chocolate. But I think it is possible to find ways where these foods don't control us anymore. This is such a learning experience for me. I feel like I am now doing things that 6 months ago, I thought would be impossible.

Hi Everyone

Well it's been an interesting few days.  We had a little brouhaha with dh at college.  Nothing major - just growing pains. With all the stress I stayed compliant but didn't eat enough.  Yesterday I was back on track.

This is what I remember.

1/19

M1: sp, sausage, kale, eggs, coffee/am

Snack: banana, almond butter

1/20

M1: bacon, eggs, sp, spinach, coffee/cm

M2: tuna, mayo, carrots, olives, avo

M3: chicken, avo, spinach, 1 date

Today so far,

M1: bacon, egg, spinach, coffee/cm

What I have to cheer about is that I did not go off the rails.  I had to stare down the bread on the counter - but I won!! :)

Happy Eating!!

Hi All - 

Yesterday went well. 

M2: tuna, mayo, avo, carrots, 1 date

M3: Five Guys burger bowl, included 2 burgers, bacon, tomatoe, lettuce, pickle, mushrooms, onions, peppers and I added mayo.  It was great and I wasn't hungry before bed for the first time in a few days.

Slept 8 hours.  Did not get up.  Wooohoooo!!  Feeling some tiger blood!!! 

TMI Warning - trip to the toilet this morning was close to normal!  Wooohooo!   Cutting back on fruit seems to be helping.

We are having friends over for dinner.  I am making steaks, salad, sweet potato, and something fun from one of the new cookbooks I have.

Happy Eating!!

Hi All,  It's day 29 here!

Yesterday went well.

M1: sausage, eggs, spinach, coffee/am

M2: Steak, avo, mayo, tomatoes, grapes

M3: Steak, salsa, guac, salad, date

I just got back from working out.   It is amazing how much this 53 yo body does when I put the right food in it.

Off to go eat.

Happy Day!

Hi all,

Sorry for the break but life got a bit full. Have stayed 100% compliant which is good - today even though it's only 02:11 ( sleeping not to good at the moment ) is day 19.

I have added in more exercise but just dance classes mostly with one yoga/Pilates type exercise. I want to add in some more high Intensity stuff with weights at some point.

I hope that everyone is ok and for some if u were just doing 30 days it would be over for you :-) well done or getting that far.

Happy eating everyone xxx

Hedgehog - yay!! Happy Day 20 today! That's fab. Congrats on keeping to it while life got full. That's great. Sorry your sleep is not so good. Mine only started to get better in the last week. I hope it does for you too.

Today is day 31! Yippee. Last night I dreamt I ate a whole bunch of non compliant food. Was very bummed - since I seemed to have no control. Thankfully it was a dream.

Husband is very happy he is losing weight while I do this - even though he is not doing it. Someday.

Day 30 was great. I had a class out of town and even though I was running behind I managed to eat a small breakfast and throw something together for lunch to take with. Those are the kinds of habits I need to cement further.

M1: pork, carrots, coffee

M2: pork, carrots, olives

M3: pork, green beans, avo, sp, banana, almond butter

Slept great last night. Looking forward to a big breakfast.

Tomorrow - I'll take stock of my progress.

Here's to taking care of ourselves!!!

Day 32. Slept great!!!! It always helps when the dog doesn't get up.

Yesterday was a success until after dinner. I had 2 dates and some cashews. This week I will have tea after dinner. Only.

This is what I ate yesterday

M1: eggs, sausage, sp, kale, coffee/am

M2: pork, avo, carrots, banana, almond butter

M3: chicken, salad, tomatoes, peppers, olives, carrots, mayo, 2 dates, cashews

My results from the last 30 days:

I feel better. I don't ache, my joints are not stiff. My sinuses are clear most of the time - no allergies. Some irritation/stuffiness because of the dryness due to the furnace. I'm not dragging - I have some energy.

My sleep has improved - maybe 3-4 good nights in the last week compared to 0-1 before. Some of that is the dog getting me up. A good night has to include falling back to sleep easily after I let the dog out.

My digestion is improving. Enzymes help.

Did not weigh myself before. But my clothes fit better.

Goals for this week: No snacking/treat after dinner. Expand my veggies to at least 5 different ones per day. Drink more water.

Also testing coconut milk this week. And making mayo and almond milk. Will make one new thing.

Happy eating everyone!!

Hi everyone.

Today went ok. Got behind in eating and did not have a full M2.

M1: chicken, cabbage, onions, coffee/cm

M2: chicken

M3: chicken, cabbage, onions, peppers, sp, avo

Only got 4 types of veg in today. So far the coconut milk is ok. Cincinnati chili (well fed 2) is in one crockpot and a pork shoulder is in the other. Splurged and bought a 2nd crockpot today. Also a mandolin so I can make sp fries better. Have not done well with water today.

Happy eating!!

Hi.

Day 33 was ok. I was compliant but bought Larabars - they were on sale. I still reach for something when I'm stressed. Now I need to hide them. I made chili, pulled pork, and mayo.

Today is day 34. Did not sleep well. Up with a sick dog and the storm was worrisome.

M1- sp, chili, eggs, power greens, 2cups coffee/cm

M2: tuna, mayo, carrots, peppers,1/2 avo, 4 olives, larabar.

M3: pork, tostones, onions, peppers, lettuce, salsa

Need to make almond milk. The results of the coconut milk experiment are not clear. Still not getting enough water.

Happy eating!!

Hi sorry for the long delay - yes I am fine :-) hope everyone is too

Day 25 for me! Have had a busy week working 7-5:30 and trying desperately To get my life back on track. I am very tired and finding time to eat at work has been a nightmare! Have stuck to it though and intend to keep to up. I really want to do the introductions properly this time. X

Hedgehog - so glad things are ok. Day 25! Yippee! I also have trouble finding time or remembering to eat. Do you get a break? Can you squeeze in two small meals?

For some reason my last post is missing. Hope I didn't post it to some random thread. Lol. Today is day 37. Have not been feeling well the last few days. Yesterday I lay down to take a short nap and woke up 3 hrs later. I've also been spacey and weepy. And my digestion is off. I'm in the middle of "the change" so maybe that's what it is. :(

Yesterday.

M1: eggs, beef, sp, kale, coffee

M2: chicken, carrots, 4 olives, avo

M3: burger, onion, tom, lettuce, homemade mayo, 1/2 orange

Snacks: Lara bar on the road

Today so far:

1: pork, eggs, kale, sp, coffee, banana, almond butter

Here's to a great day.

Day 38.

Yesterday ended in success - I threw out the nut butter and the Lara bars. Woohoo! I was resistant - I hated to waste food but in the end I decided my health matters. Now I hope these cravings go away.

Yesterday I ate:

M2: chicken, carrots, guac, larabar.

M3: pork, eggs, sp, kale

Snack: oysters and olives

Today is my day to cook a lot. I bought chicken wings and I'm going to make homemade buffalo wings. Plus some Thai curry. And maybe meatballs.

Happy eating!!

Day 38's food.

M1: eggs, guac, salsa, banana, cb

M2: tuna, carrots, guac, nuts

M3: meatballs, wings, carrots, hot sauce doctored mayo

Not the best day. Didn't eat enough veg. Still having cravings. But excited that I made wings.

Thankfully tomorrow is another day.

Hello - day 29 for me.

Almcc you're doing so well. Are you going to 100 without introductions! Wow in advance for that :-) after my whole 30 has finished I will continue to write on here as most if not all days I am intending on being whole30 complient x

I have had a mixed response to whole 30 this time but I do believe that it has helped me survive some wry difficult emotional weeks an withou it I would have just remained in a chocolate heap!

I have had a cold which is unlike me for over a week meaning I couldn't do my beloved Bokwa and felt lousy and at times if my mum hadn't cooked I would have probably eaten very little.

It's hard to say about my joints and energy due to the blooming cold as I am achey especially shoulders legs and back. I do like eating this way but feel I want to find out what has the most bad effect by doing a very strict reintroduction which I didn't manage to do last time, mostly due to being a bit scared lol x

I have found new things I eat this time like Apple and bacon stuffed burgers - or anything stuffed in the really, last night I had pinapple. I also like spare ribs with a lovely dressing that I have fed to my parents who couldn't belie they were whole 30 very proud.

I think it has kept me somewhat balanced amongst all the craziness that is my life.

I am attending the funeral of the lady that passed away opposite my house. It turned out she had an aneurism and it would have happened at they time no matter whatshe had been doing. She wa a real character and many of the street are attending to remember the happy times.

I hope you are all well - happy eating :-)

Hello - day 29 for me.

Almcc you're doing so well. Are you going to 100 without introductions! Wow in advance for that :-) after my whole 30 has finished I will continue to write on here as most if not all days I am intending on being whole30 complient x

I have had a mixed response to whole 30 this time but I do believe that it has helped me survive some wry difficult emotional weeks an withou it I would have just remained in a chocolate heap!

I have had a cold which is unlike me for over a week meaning I couldn't do my beloved Bokwa and felt lousy and at times if my mum hadn't cooked I would have probably eaten very little.

It's hard to say about my joints and energy due to the blooming cold as I am achey especially shoulders legs and back. I do like eating this way but feel I want to find out what has the most bad effect by doing a very strict reintroduction which I didn't manage to do last time, mostly due to being a bit scared lol x

I have found new things I eat this time like Apple and bacon stuffed burgers - or anything stuffed in the really, last night I had pinapple. I also like spare ribs with a lovely dressing that I have fed to my parents who couldn't belie they were whole 30 very proud.

I think it has kept me somewhat balanced amongst all the craziness that is my life.

I am attending the funeral of the lady that passed away opposite my house. It turned out she had an aneurism and it would have happened at they time no matter whatshe had been doing. She wa a real character and many of the street are attending to remember the happy times.

I hope you are all well - happy eating :-)

Happy Day 29!! So sorry that you are sick. I also think the food keeps me balanced during the crazy.  It is crazy here too - mostly sick parents.  Do not like this stage of life.  

I hope today's funeral goes ok - that the lady and her life are celebrated in the midst of the sorrow.

Happy Eating.

Day 30 today - whoop whoop :-)

Tomorrow am not really sure what to do? Or whether to do the reintroduction and in what order? Last time I did it I didn't reintroduce properly but I want to know what has an effect so I can avoid it when I can.

Ita been a bumpy ride but I think I would have felt worse if I never did it. Gonna get weighed tomorrow and see what happens. My clothes definitely feel looser ;-) x

How us everyone doing? Still on track? X hope so

Happy eating everyone! X

Hi hi. Hedgehog and everybody!

Still here. Still on track!!

Happy day 30. How did weighing go? Did you reintroduce anything yet?

I'm on day 40-something. It's been a crazy week. I can't seem to get back to logging. Will try to do it today. My mom is going to the surgeon today - once that is scheduled, life will be a bit more organized.

Made great ribs yesterday in the slow cooker. Just a little salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder. They were yum.

Tonight we are heading out to dinner. Looking forward to a steak!!

Happy eating!

Hi,

Hope things are ok with your mum :-) ðŸ’

I have lost almost a stone which I am pleased about - could do with losing another 2! Lol but it's on the way down again.

I was shattered today before I started reintroduction think the virus is still in my system as want to sleep a lot and am already in bed at 9:00 pm

I reintroduced bread only one kind a roughage ( yummy) hoping no effect lol

Apparently sugar doesn't need to be introduced separately and can be on any day as long as it's not a whole 30 day.

I had honey on the bread as toast and chocolate ( hangs head but it was dark and I could only have a little bit)

Gonna do 2 days whole 30 again an then dairy :-)

Hope you are well the ribs sound yummy :-)

Happy eating x

hi Ashley,

I am back from my vacation and trying to wrap my head around work again. My inbox is about to explode, and my head too! ;) But I wanted to pop in and say YAY YOU ROCK for going strong. I hope things settle a bit with your mom soon.

I'll start another w30 today, so I'll see you on the forums.

Hugs

jenny

jennor- hiya!! Please tell us all about your vacation. I can't wait to hear.

I'm still at it. It's day 48, I think. Yay! We are expecting a winter storm with possible power outages. I stocked up on canned fish and veg. And got almond butter. Fingers crossed we don't lose power.

I've gotten out of the habit of logging. I'm going to start back up. Today.

Happy eating!!

Hi,

So I reintroduced bread on Thursday and some dark chocolate as the only thing it had in it was natural Sugar and looking at all the info sugar doesn't need to be reintroduced separately, but going on the reintroduction forum I did it wrong as I should have eaten other gluten like bagels and stuff not just one type and shouldn't have done chocolate.

So I left it 2 days to try again but then I thought am not interested in all types of bread just 1 kind so I did that. Now since then but I have increased my fruit my stomach has been a bit off and I have also not slept through finding It difficult to get to sleep at night and then waking up - could there be a link?

So we have waited 2 days and then will try something different tomorrow x

Good people are still in board. I too will try and write everyday.

Happy eating everyone x

Archived