Ashley's Round 4

almcc

Hi All,

Trying to stay warm here - we are having a horrible winter storm.  I cooked some yesterday and today in case we lose power.  And I bought provisions - sardines and oysters!

Sofar I have had

M1: sp, kale, ground meat, eggs, coffee/cm

M2: ground meat, sp, salsa, avo

snack: lots of tea, pork rinds, 1 date

I expect to have for M3: pork chops, salad, sp, broccoli, mayo

Hedgehog- fruit upsets the balance of things for me.

I think it is day 48!!  Woohoo!!

Happy eating! 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Stay safe - I was shopping in the supermarket and the power went off it was odd to be in the pitch black as not even the generators were working :-)

I had dairy today some cheese cream and milk in my coffee - cheese gave me a sore throat and I always used to think that it was dairy that made me tired but I think it is the bread and gluten! I also have some spots on my face and around my nose that I haven't noticed for a long time.

I have cut down on the fruit and I seem better :-)

I have also been feeling really niggly, a bit angry and can't settle but changing my job in a couple of weeks and handing in my resignation tomorrow..... So things are a bit upside down.

Back on whole 30 for 2 days and then making a

an Indian curry banquet :-) ( not sure it will be that good) but with rice to try it! Does rice and popadoms come in the same catorgary?

It's windy here and rainy but we have it easy compared to other places :-)

Happy eating everyone!

I don't know about rice? I had it once for reintros and found it icky. :)

Weird being in the store with no lights. I was in a store once when everything went off.

Day 49 here. Still compliant and on task.

M1: sp, ground meat, kale, eggs, coffee/cm

Going to try to make coconut milk today. Have to give up nuts. Bumbed. Last day for nuts is today.

Happy eating.

Jennor - I made it using flake - unsweetened. ;) Abt 3-4 oz coconut with 4 cups hot water (enough to cover plus a bit) and 1 vanilla bean - the insides and the rest chopped and 1 chopped date. I put that in the blender and blended on high for 1-2 mins. And strained using the nut bag. People say it doesn't last as long in the fridge. 3 days. It's good. It has the consistency of the almond milk - the way you make it - and I like that better than what's in the can. I'm going to make it next without the date.

Might be able to use the pulp for something but I tossed it. Coconut meat doesn't work for me.

It's easy. Won't be buying canned milk again.

Jennor - have you started up again?

Ashley, yup, I am back at it. I finished my first round right before we went away on vacation/training camp. I did some off-roading there, but didn't go totally crazy. Anyway, after 10 days I started feeling a bit swollen and like my intestine wasn't loving me as much anymore. I did the last 4 days whole30-style and almost immediately felt better. I think it was a slow increase in low grade inflammation catching up with me. And now I am on day 5 of round two.

The coconut milk sounds good. I dislike the lumps in the cans, so maybe I should try your recipe.

It feels good to be here again. I am glad you are still going strong!

Jennor- hi! I'm glad your back - sorry though that your digestion is off. Isn't it amazing that a few days makes a difference in feeling better. I'm still going strong - but my digestion is off. And so I need to do some fine tuning. No nuts. I'm trying that for a week to see if it makes a difference. I'm hoping it's not my beloved eggs.

Are you going to do another log? As you can tell I'm not logging consistently. I like the community more than the logging. :)

Happy eating everyone!!!!

Day 53.

Slept well - stayed in my own bed last night - which means I slept deeply and did not wake or move to another bed because of dh and/or dog noise.

M1: sp, kale, ground meat, eggs coffee w/homemade cm

Will be out today at lunch so planning on packing what I have (need to go to the grocery) which is chicken and an apple. not the best but will pick up carrots and other veg at the store.

Went through the closet and put some clothes in the donate pile - they really don't fit or what was I thinking.

Working out 3x this week and excited about that. The snow and sickness has kept me from the gym a lot in the last 2 months.

Happy Day!!

Well today did not go well. Mom's drs appointment went 2 hours longer than expected. And I didn't bring food - thinking I would get home in time for M2.

But even though I only ate 2 meals, I did not succumb to my desire to eat barbecue and sweet potato fries. Neither of them would have been compliant. So after some thought and some cooking I had beef, sweet potato, and avocado with red curry. I ate a banana with some coconut butter after.

I definitely notice that my mindset has changed. This is a very stressful time and instead of eating crap that I think makes me feel better, I am choosing to eat food that takes care of me. And that's a big win.

Happy eating!!!

Your last post made me so happy, Ashley. Not because of the stressful times and your mother, that is really sad. [hugs] But because you describe this shift oin your mindset, and how you continue to take care of yourself and feed yourself well during the stress. Go you!!!

I will log food and sleep for now, as I think it keeps me accuntable. I think it forces me to think before chowing down the entire fruit and nut basket... :blink:

Your last post made me so happy, Ashley. Not because of the stressful times and your mother, that is really sad. [hugs] But because you describe this shift oin your mindset, and how you continue to take care of yourself and feed yourself well during the stress. Go you!!!

I will log food and sleep for now, as I think it keeps me accuntable. I think it forces me to think before chowing down the entire fruit and nut basket... :blink:

Thank you so much. I feel so much better eating this way and I think the nutrition supports me during these stressful times. The next 2-3 weeks are going to be very stressful - mom is having major surgery and she is higher risk.  My plan is to stay compliant and care for myself.  And if I eat a lara bar every now and then - that is ok.  NO handfuls of nuts tho or nut butter- not good for my digestion.

I think the log is a good way to be mindful.

Happy eating!!

Today is day 54.

This go round is the easiest so far.  But I did decide today that I will probably take a 1-2 weeks off and then start another round of Whole 30   before I head to NY for vacation in may. My focus is to continue to supplant my bad bad habits with these new healthy ones. But if  feel I can manage it I will try eating 90/10 in March- April before the trip.  In the past that has not worked but I'm not giving up.

The workout was great.  Had lots of energy.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.

M1: sp, kale, beef, eggs, coffee w/cm

M2: 5 guys burger with tom, lettuce, onions, pickle, peppers, and homemade mayo, coffee w/cm, larabar

The plan for dinner: chicken and veg in red curry sauce

Happy Eating.

Hi.

Been a stressful week. Mom has seen all her doctors and will have surgery on Monday. I am still on track. Sleep is ok. Stress is manageable. Only because I am eating healthy. That is the only reason I'm managing to do okay right now. I am so thankful for whole 30!

I'll try to get back here next week.

Happy eating and take care of yourselves!

Hi

Day 70. Mom made it through surgery Monday and is better everyday. She was awake enough to speak to us last night. Yippee!!!

Needless to say it's been a very stressful week. I have eaten compliant food but I found myself snacking a lot on a few days. Nuts and fruit. My sugar and snacking dragons woke up. I decided to just make it through those days.

There were 2 serious times I almost threw in the towel and got some sugary wheaty thing but I did not. Woohoo!!!

Last night while everyone was eating their comfort food - I ate mine - chicken, avo, carrots, olives. I felt deprived beforehand but not while I was eating or after.

30 days to go and I am ready. I have cleaned the pantry of nuts and I'm limiting fruit to 1 per day.

Happy eating!!

Ok. Well - mom is finally home from the hospital. Yay. She's doing great. I feel like I can breathe finally. Overall I did ok - I did not eat cake or bread. But I did eat out several times during the week. All compliant except I had sp fries - which are most likely not compliant. And I did skip meals. So not great. I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed. I think I'm going to add a week to my whole 100.

I have a cold - do I don't feel so great. Yesterday was an ok day food wise. I ended up having 3 pieces of fruit. I'm committed to not buying anymore bananas. It's just too easy to reach for one.
M1: eggs, ground beef, sp, power greens, banana
M2: tuna, avo, mayo, carrots, banana, sunbutter
M3: chicken, sp, mayo, broccoli, grapes

I also increased my water intake. I managed 48oz which is better than usual. I slept close to 11 hours.

Today I ate:
M1: eggs, ground meat, sp, power greens
M2: chicken, broccoli, sp, grapes, nuts
M3: pork chops, zuchinni, mayo, grapes, nuts

Trying for 64 oz of water today.

Happy Eating.

I am happy to hear that you can relax a bit now and feel like you can breathe. Such a relief, right?

Fruit is tricky, especially that "just reach for one" phenomena where all of a sudden I find that I have eaten two oranges!

I accidently dosed myself with soy on Sunday morning so I am back in the single digits. This is truely the never ending Whole 30. :) It doesn't really matter though, since I am pretty much on board with the fact that this is how I need to live my life to stay healthy.

Hi,

Jennor  I am slowly coming that realization, too!  I know I have to eat this way but now if feels more like "just the way I eat!"   So sorry about the soy.  It is nasty stuff.

Yesterday went well.  I did not drink all the water I wanted to get in, drank ~40oz. Today I am aiming for 64oz again.

Today is tax day and grocery day.  I hate being sick because even though I am feel better I have a lot to do to catch up. I did work out this morning.  Yippee!!

Today's plan

M1: power greens, sp, ground meat, eggs, coffee w/cm

M2: chicken, sp, broccoli, mayo

M3: maybe meatloaf or stirfry

Happy Eating!!

Helllllllllo✋

Sorry I haven't been around was off roading but doing bad - full of cold feel blah. Ive got some mental stuff going on that I am fighting!

Almac I am pleased your mum got through her op and is back home.

Need to try and get back on it to some degree at least - anything is better than this! Xxx

Happy eating x

Hi all,

Managed to go into work today and then taught swimming for 3 hours. Funny how it didn't improve my cold. I need to get back on it. I know I am in a bad way and need to pull myself back on the wagon and feel better physically and mentally.

Hope you all have something good and relaxing planned for the weekend.

Happy eating all :-) xxx

Almcc - somehow I deleted u as a friend and now can't add u again - it was accidental.

So u have planned my food and I am starting tomorrow! Must get on it.

How many dys do u have left almcc and what day is everyon else on.

Hope you're having a good weekend. Busy day tomorrow so off to bed

Happy eating everyone xxx

I'm still plugging along. Not doing well checking in or logging my food. I don't know how many days I have left. Which I think is a good sign. Tonight we are heading to a new restaurant - I'm going to not eat if things are questionable. I had a late lunch.

Happy eating!!!

Archived