Ashley's Round 4

almcc

Well sunday marked 100 days!!  Woohoo!!  I am anxious to be done.  There are just little things I want.

Like a little freedom to eat out wherever (not fast food obviously).  And I have been craving potato chips.  I always want pizza.  And a margarita would be nice.

My commitment to this Whole 100 will be done this coming sunday, on day 107.  I'm not going to run out and eat gobs of non-compliant food - like I have in the past.  I don't know what my plan is but I do know I have to be careful and I have to get ready for a trip to NY in May.  Last time I tried to ride my own bike I failed miserably.  I ate and ate all the wrong things.  To be honest it was a very stressful time. I am determined not to fall into a cake.  Sugar is my enemy and I am very clear about that.  It makes me very very sick.

It has been a little more than a year since I started this journey with Whole 9 and Whole 30.  I am thrilled by the changes I have seen in my health, my mindset, and my body. I am amazed though at how my brain can always find fault.  Even though I have lost more than 35 lbs - I find myself looking in the mirror and wondering if I have gained weight.  Old habits die hard!!!  These last 100 days have been amazing, though.  It's been very stressful - mom had surgery for cancer (she is doing great!!), a friend died, having a houseguest for 5 weeks, tax time for my business and for our family, closing of my father's estate, and now applying for a new home loan. Plus all the usual ups and downs,  including the last stages of peri-menopause. I could not have done it all without taking care of myself - I feel really supported by eating well. Calmer and more in charge.  That is not to say that I haven't been irritable. Or irritated by my strict diet. But overall this Whole 100 has made a huge difference.  The other big change has been in the gym.  I have seen amazing things.  Today I ran 1/2 mile on the track (in the sunshine  :D ) and then sprinted 100m in 23s.  Which for me - an out of shape 53 yr old - is amazing. :D

Here's to taking care of ourselves!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived