Vian's Whole30 #2

Vian

Today was super slow at work so I was all tired and lazy feeling. I also ate too much at lunch again, and didn't feel like cooking for dinner (planning on cleaning the kitchen and getting my menu planned out for next week instead) so I went to Chipotle. 

M1: leftover bbq beef, sweet potato and coleslaw, 2 eggs, BP coffee, a couple strawberries

M2: leftover pork siu mai meatballs and green beans, half a tangerine

M3: chipotle salad with double meat carnitas, guac, fajita veggies, and the green tomatillo salsa, glass of kombucha

Didn't get as much done today as I would have liked (or yesterday for that matter). Still have to clean the kitchen, but I got all my menu planning and shopping done. Tomorrow is cleaning and veg prepping day! Went to Costco and bought a bunch of cheese in preparation for day 31, probably a bad idea because it looks really tasty (kerrygold grass fed extra sharp cheddar aged 2 years) but I will be strong! I plan to reintro full fat quality dairy and allow tiny amounts of sugar in otherwise savory things (like curry paste!) and that's all. I've noticed that at Costco when they are sampling certain things that I would have loved before paleo/whole30, now they smell gross. Like the beer battered fish smells like yeast and just makes me think of candida going crazy in my gut, or they had some salmon in some kind of glaze that looked like italian dressing and it just smelled really processed and fake. My energy levels are still about the same, no tiger blood, but I feel pretty good. I'm still groggy in the morning and don't want to wake up and haven't been exercising either - I think those two things go hand in hand. I've noticed that my digestion is better based on frequency of bathroom trips, ease of elimination, quality and texture, etc.

M1: 3 eggs, sweet potato hash browns, BP coffee

M2: grilled lamb/beef patty on a salad with kalamata olives, cucumber, and dressing made with home made mayo, lemon juice, dill, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.

M3: grilled lamb/beef patty with green beans sauteed in avocado oil with a little anchovy paste and garlic and kalamata olives.

I did not get tiger blood last time either. I'm ok with that, my energy is stable, no real highs, no real lows. My real problem is time management! I spend too much time perusing the internet rather than getting things done around the house!

I busted my butt and got everything done today! I made a new batch of kombucha, made toothpaste, made applesauce and canned it, made fly cultures for my frogs, and got the kitchen clean! I'm exhausted!

M1: 3 eggs, sauteed sugar snap peas, bp coffee

M2: lamb and beef patty with green beans in a bagna cauda sauce

M3: Nom Nom Paleo's slow cooker chicken (seriously amazing - I could eat the gravy with a spoon) with roasted brussels sprouts, strawberries with coconut milk, 2 cups kombucha.

M1: 1 egg, leftover chicken, brussels sprouts, and gravy, bp coffee

M2: leftover chicken, brussels sprouts and gravy, 1/2 cup apple sauce

M3: salmon with guacamole, sugar snap peas, 1/2 cup apple sauce, 2 cups kombucha

whoops! forgot to update yesterday, was busy trying to get the kitchen clean - again. It's never ending!

M1: 1 egg, 2 pieces sausage (4 oz.) and sweet potato hash browns, bp coffee

M2: leftover salmon, guac, and sugar snap peas, 1.2 cup apple sauce

M3: Well Fed 2's bbq beef with my own blueberry bbq sauce, cole slaw, and sweet potato hash browns. 2 cups kombucha.

Also, I know the sausages are 2 ounces because I weigh them when I make them so that they are all the same size. It's about the only thing I use my kitchen scale for - when making meat patties just to make sure they are all the same size.

Thanks! It was delicious, though the cole slaw didn't turn out as good as last time because I forgot to grate onion into it!! The onion is so important to the flavor!

Day 29:

M1: 2 pieces sausage, 1 egg, sweet potato hashbrowns

m2: leftover bbq beef, SP hashbrowns, cole slaw

M3: Pork Siu Mai Meatballs and green beans and carrots

Last day, day 30, and I wake up at 1am with sourceless all-over constant abdominal pain. I was up for about an hour and a half, trying various things to remedy it. My stomach wasn't upset, no gurgling or nausea. The pain morphed into a pain I've had before down in my pelvis that feels like I'm passing a bladder stone (even though I've never actually passed one) that's just all I can think to equate it to. After an hour and a half and a couple ibuprofen, the pain subsided enough that I was able to get to sleep. When I woke I still had the pain, but only when I moved certain ways. I had no appetite but made myself eat breakfast. I waited to go to lunch at work until I was actually hungry, which was over an hour after my normal lunch break. Still having the abdominal discomfort this evening, and still not really hungry at all. Not sure what it is, but I hope it goes away before work tomorrow -_-

M1: leftover bbq beef, sweet potato hashbrowns, cole slaw, bp coffee

M2: leftover pork siu mai meatballs and green beans and carrots

M3: (planned) chicken thighs with zoodles and walnut pesto, kombucha. 

Archived