Starting Jan 2, Whole30 Virgin

Dupes87

This is my first time doing a whole30. I try my best to eat paleo and try even harder to be gluten free. I am a cross fitter, yoga lover/hater, college student, and food lover. Most of all I am a sugar addict. I do not want to end up with cancer or diabetes as I age. I will always be fairly fit and active but that in itself doesn't save you from sickness and feeling generally subpar. Just because you're not overweight doesn't mean you're healthy and energetic. I've been in 3 car accidents in a year (none my fault... Accident lottery as I call it) and now have chronic back and hip pain... 3 bulged discs, a torn disc, developed arthritis in low back, pinched nerves, and an SI joint injury. I use food and exercise to limit the amount of pain medication I need to get through my busy days. I need this program to save my future self and to help heal my present self. I wouldn't mind if I performed better at the gym, actually slept well and got up without a struggle, or lost some extra winter fluff either. More importantly, I need to learn to control my sugar intake because it is out of control. I eat my feelings in the form of ice cream. Any advice and support is greatly appreciated. I've called on my closest friends to help me through this, I know it sounds ridiculous, but quitting smoking several years ago was way easier than my attempts to quit sugar. Good luck to everyone, we will do this! Godspeed! 💪💜👊

Hey Whole 30 Virgin!

Gahah, you will be just fine, take advantage of this program to its fullest! Let us support you :D the forums help me out a lot. And trust me I used to be one of those late night in the closet high carb, high sugar snackers. Those cravings fade away once you stop eating them, and eventually you don't crave them. Initially it won't be the easy, so get busy and distract yourself. I.E. long showers, paint your toes, take a walk.... I think quitting cold turkey is the best medicine! That's why I'm pro Whole 30.

Sugar is a drug fo sho! It uses the same pathways as cocaine and heroine, and some research is saying sugar is more addictive! Who knew!?

More incentive to kick that habit!

Best wishes! Stay inspired! Look forward to reading your progress ;D

Archived