Reintroduced dairy after my Whole 30 ended...

I never thought it would be something that bothered me but boy was I wrong!!

I was away this weekend, staying with friends and I didn't want to be a PITA about food so tried to incorporate some things that they had. Saturday I had a Greek yogurt, coffee with cream, turkey roll ups with cheese and ice cream for dessert. In the middle of the night, I got up and went to the bathroom FIVE TIMES (a bit TMI I know). I was doubled over in pain most of the night. Needless to say, this morning I just had cream in my coffee and am going to skip that much dairy.

I do have to say that since off roading this weekend, my stomach seems more bloated than it has been in recent weeks.

Thanks for being the guinea pig on that one! I'm on day 10, and am suspecting that dairy was one of the big culprits for me in weight gain around the middle, cravings, and fatigue. I have been thinking about what role it will have in my life after Whole30, and you are confirming what I suspected. Sorry you were ill, but the info is good to have.

Bummer on that experience, but now you know! I'm coming to believe that dairy is one of the worst culprits on my system also. Interesting how sometimes the things we (I) love the most are the worst for us!

Were you okay with just the cream in your coffee?

Yesterday I had two coffees and it wasn't so great. This morning, I had coffee and had to run from the parking lot at work into the building. Not good. It is so interesting how I didn't think certain foods affected me until trying them out again.

Dairy is a major one for me too. I tried coconut milk in my coffee this morning and it was actually ok, I was surprised. I only do real raw cream in my coffee so I figured the coconut milk wouldn't do it. I was already prepared to give up coffee completely so I'm thrilled it wasn't bad, I am actually not doing the whole 30 yet, but trying a few things out. I went without any cheese for 3 days, doing mostly whole 30 except for my glass of wine at night and my cream in my coffee. Then had some of my favorite goat cheese spread ( from a local dairy, organic and not the worst thing ever) and it didn't even taste right. I only took one bite and was done.

So I'm curious because you didn't mention this part..... How did it all taste to you? Did you enjoy it?

I'm flabbergasted that I didn't like my beloved cheese anymore.

I'm only on Day 8 of Whole30 but gave up dairy in January. My first "cheat" with dairy happened in March and involved mozzarella cheese on a Sunday night. I thought nothing happened and dairy was "ok" for me. On Tuesday morning I realized I was wrong when my face was broken out like a middle schooler. It's amazing all the varied ways inflammation manifests itself.

Archived