New Year Whole 30!

lanilenore

I'm starting my 2nd WHOLE 30 on January 1st! It always seems easier if day one is on the first- less counting that way, right?  :) 

I had a great experience doing a Whole 30 last January- lost 15 lbs and felt really great! I've lost an additional 20 lbs this year, eating close to paleo, most of the time. I still have about 50 lbs to go though before I'll be at a healthy weight. My husband lost 90 lbs this year and I've seen how meeting his health goals has really enhanced his quality of life. 

While I would definitely like to continue to lose a few pounds, I know that will just happen naturally. 

My goals for this Whole 30-

NUTRITIONAL- I will eat enough lean protein, everyday. 

SLEEP- I will not play on my phone or laptop before bed. 

STRESS MANAGEMENT- I will get up in time for morning prayers. 

EXERCISE- I will complete my Nerd Fitness workouts three times a week. 

ACTIVE RECOVERY- I will complete the Nerd Fitness stretching/cool down routine after every lifting session.

INJURY REHAB- I will foam roll my IT band every other night.

FUN AND PLAY- I will do something relaxing with my hubby every weekend. 

Confession time, we are getting up early to go enjoy a pancake breakfast at Cracker Barrell tomorrow morning. :rolleyes: Really pumped about pancakes but more excited to get back on track healthwise. 

Day 1:

B- Slept through this... oops!

L-No sugar bratwurst from my favorite local butcher and saurkraut

S- Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea

D-Stir Fry with ground beef, red bell pepper, green beans, basil, lime juice, ground ginger, ground garlic,and coconut aminos

My knee has been hurting. I have a couple of knee issues. So yesterday, I went to the gym and walked while my hubby walked my mum through her new workout program. Later, we went for a 3 mile walk- the sun came out for a tiny bit. 

Day 2:

B- two eggs and 1/2 avocado

L- leftover stir fry from yesterday

D- No sugar bratwurst and saurkraut

Today I walked at the gym. It was crazy crowded and even finding space to stretch was hard. I'm trying to have a good attitude about the people but sometimes I wish they would go get healthy somewhere else.  ;) 

Welcome back Lani! You have some great goals and are off to a good start. A couple of notes, aside from day 2's meal 1 I don't see any added fat in your meals. Don't forget that. Day 2's meal is also missing vegetables. Make sure you are following the template to get the best results from your 30 days.

Thanks for the encouragement! I cook with coconut oil or ghee so almost every dish has some added fat. 

Generally speaking the cooking oil doesn't count towards your fat serving on the template because most of it gets left in the pan.

Generally speaking the cooking oil doesn't count towards your fat serving on the template because most of it gets left in the pan.

I don't think that's accurate because in ISWF there are multiple recipes (especially their one skillet recipes) that call for a cooking fat, meat and vegetables only. They don't mention needing an additional fat because cooking fat doesn't count. 

I don't think that's accurate because in ISWF there are multiple recipes (especially their one skillet recipes) that call for a cooking fat, meat and vegetables only. They don't mention needing an additional fat because cooking fat doesn't count. 

Actually, Bethany (aka Physibeth) is correct. Typically much of the cooking fat stays behind in the pan, so you need to take that into account when experimenting with fat portions.

Day 3:

B- Wasn't feeling very well but tried to eat- managed two eggs and some avocado, coffee with coconut milk

L- zucchini noodles, shrimp, ghee, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, garlic

D- not sure, headed to our butcher today so hopefully will find something yummy to pair with some veggies 

Yesterday, I developed a horrible headache around 6pm. I think it was probably because I didn't have any coffee or caffeine but by 6pm I was afraid it would keep me up. I did have an excedrin (which has some caffeine in it). We went to sleep at 9:30. I was awake from about 12:30-2:30 and then slept till 7:30 this morning. Not sure why my sleep is so jacked. I go back to work on Monday so I need to get it together. Today, I'm making sure I'm active and no naps!

Workout: walked for an hour, leg weights, stretching and will roll my IT band tonight. 

No headache yesterday so think having a small cup of coffee in the morning was the solution. I usually have a bit of heavy cream in my coffee so I had some coconut milk with vanilla and cinnamon in it today. Not amazing but it works. 

I also did not allow myself to take a nap and managed to sleep from 9:30-6:30 last night so that's great. Having two weeks off from work always messes with my sleep schedule. Starting Monday though, it's back to getting up by 5:30. Blech! 

Day 4:

B- two eggs, sweet potato, 1/2 avocado

Plan for the rest of the day:

L- sugar free sausage, veggies, saurkraut

Gym- walk, arm weights, stretching

D- salmon, veggis, guac

Archived