5 minute dump and stir green curry

befabdaily

One of the best items I've found since starting the Whole 30, which ensures there will always be a tasty dinner available, is Mae Ploy brand red and green curry pastes. They're like Paleo Helper. I guess you could make your own curry paste, but these are good tasting and super convenient.

Ingredients: Green Chili, salt, galangal, shrimp paste (shrimp, salt), kaffir lime peel, coriander seed, pepper, cumin, turmeric.

At least a couple of times a week I whip up some kind of curry with my trusty Mae Ploy, a pile of meat, and a pile of vegetables. Last night's was particularly tasty and took 5 minutes to make, so I want to share it with you. Not literally though, I just polished off the rest for lunch.

Ingredients:

coconut oil as needed for stir-frying

12 oz. bag medium shrimp, any kind, thawed

bag of ready to eat baby spinach

a few fresh basil leaves

2 tbsp. Mae Ploy green curry paste

1/2 cup coconut milk

about 1/4 tsp. Red Boat fish sauce (to taste)

Saute the shrimp in coconut oil until they start to curl. Remove from pan. Thoroughly mix curry paste and coconut milk until there are no surprise chunks of curry. Saute the basil and spinach in more coconut oil until they wilt. Dump in the coconut milk mixture, stir in the shrimp, sprinkle and stir the Red Boat. The fish sauce is what made the magic happen last night -- just that little extra bit of umami in the curry. Add more coconut milk if you feel like it. Bam! You're done. Eat. Half a sweet potato is good underneath.

5b2ca74cd44f11e1b18c12313d051969_6.jpg

The Mae Ploy yellow curry and the Masaman also appear to be compliant but I haven't yet bought those. Only the Panang style is off limits during Whole 30 because of a trace of mung bean.

Archived