Walden Farms ketchup?

Katzue

Ingredients: Triple filtered purified water, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, white distilled vinegar, vegetable fiber, sea salt, xanthan gum, natural flavors, onion, garlic, red cabbage coloring, sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness)

I normally just use tomato sauce or paste (compliant) to flavor things that I want to have a tomato flavor. I bolded the ingredients that I wasn't sure about.

I didn't know if this was acceptable with a little sweet potato hash or not?

I'm not familiar with this product, but I do know that most Walden Farms products are about as far from "real whole food" as you can get, and a search of their website tells me the ingredients in the ketchup include more than what you have listed (splenda and cellulose gel). Maybe they have changed their recipe?

Tessamaes makes a compliant ketchup. Ingredients are: 

• Tomato puree (Tomatoes, Salt), Date puree (Water, Organic dates, Lemon juice), Filtered water, Apple cider vinegar, Sea salt, Lemon juice, Onion powder, Garlic powder.

• Moderators

I don't know if you've actually tasted the product before or not, but just for whatever it's worth -- the varieties of their products I've tried are either totally flavorless or kind of gross. I've never tasted the ketchup before, so maybe it's better than the barbecue sauce, marshmallow cream, or salad dressings that I did try. Or maybe they've improved in the years since I tried those.

Archived