Whole Family On Board to Start January 6th

jenzen

This will be our first go with Whole30. By some miracle I have convinced the whole family to do it together. My partner and I will both be turning 40 this year and our sons (17 and 13) and our daughter (15) will all be doing this together. After my partners head on collision with cancer and bone marrow transplant in 2012 we have tried to make dietary changes in the family by educating everyone about hidden sugars and buying organic whenever possible.

We have gone through different phases of being "good" to fall completely off under stress or lack of time to prepare properly. The same goes for our exercise plans. The whole family enjoys dairy, sweets and salty snacks. The kids all had a choice when it came to participating so I hope that I will be able to set them up for success as much as possible. I think figuring out what how to help them with school lunches will be the most difficult.

I am so excited to get started and hope that this journey teaches each of us a little about our bodies and ourselves.

Jen

Archived