Food Diary - Nursing Mom

Hope people are okay with me starting a food diary thread. I need some accountability with this Whole30! My husband is away for two weeks and that is usually a gateway to poor eating for me. Hopefully posting here + getting the Whole30 newsletter will help me stay focused and strong.

Day 1

3 eggs, coconut oil, 1/2 sweet potato, apple, almond butter, coffee with coconut cream

1.5 chicken breasts, 1 sweet potato, apple/cabbage/avocado slaw with spices

Hmmm... maybe I will move over to there.

11 months. He is eating solids 3 x a day but still nurses a lot. We bedshare so I don't even know how much he nurses. From the state of his diaper in the morning I would guess he gets most of his nursing calories at night.

Thanks, jennor :)

Hello!  I did my first Whole30 in October-November.  I kept up a lot of the healthy eating habits through the holidays and am still nursing.  Do you work so that you pump during the day?  I saw a decrease in supply, but it eventually came almost back up.  Just wanted to tell you not to worry if you don't pump as much or your baby nurses a lot more.  :)  Sweet potatoes seemed to help supply a lot. 

My girl is 19 months and nurses evening-night-morning (meaning that I don't pump at work anymore and she also eats solids at all meals). I saw a slight drop in the beginning of my first whole30 attempt but I think that was because I didn't eat enough calories. After I found that balance, supply went back up. This time I have plenty of milk. I eat more than the template though, and add in extra snacks.

I am bf my 7 month old and my 2 yr old still sneaks a session a day as well...I am on day #3 but weaned off sugars and carbs (from pasta, rice) through December. One thing I have noticed that definitely makes a big difference in keeping up my supply is drinking lots and lots of water and having starchy veg like sweet potatoes or carrots, etc in my meals. (:

@bellewannabe17 I am a WAHM so don't pump often.

I've never had supply problems so I haven't given much thought to it. Eating a good amount of fat and sweet potato and at the end of Day 2 here and feeling good. Trying to avoid snacking and just really fill up at meals.

Expecting low carb flu to hit in the next few days. This will be my third Whole30 and I did a lot of nutrional off-roading in December.

Hydrating like mad as with my previous Whole30s I am feeling extra parched.

I'm EBFing my five-month old and on day 2 of my Whole30. My paleo-ish diet has recently gotten a lot less paleo and a lot more "ish," so I'm looking forward to a nice reset! I don't pump so I won't know how my milk supply is affected, but I guess I'll just try to eat and drink plenty to stave off drops?

Archived