Day 1 - Just wanted to say hello!

rhevion

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I'm a 31 year old with a beautiful wife and an adorable 1.5 year old daughter. This is my first Whole30, and I'm really looking forward to the self-experiment! I've been weighed down (literally) by bad eating habits and a terrible love/hate relationship with food/self. I'm a proofreader by day and a TV watcher/video gamer by night. I think sedentary is too light of a word for what I am.

I'm starting this Whole30 with two things in mind. First, I want to gain control of my food/health relationship so that I can be around for my wife and my daughter for many years to come. I want to be that dad that can chase around his daughter without having to take a break every two minutes. I want to be that husband who has the energy to go out on date nights instead of wanting to sit around and vegetate. Second, I want to set the right example of a healthful food relationship with my daughter, who is learning by watching.

My goals:

To walk for 15 minutes 5 days a week

To eat all of my meals away from the TV

To re-read ISWF and Well Fed 1 and 2

So to everyone in this great community, you'll see me around here for the next 30 days and onward!

Thanks for the support!

Archived