my first whole30 jan 2nd 2014

umekanzah

This is my first ever on whole 30. I am hoping to keep this as a log of what foods i eat. I had initially started on monday the 30th but had a couple of fall days with kids and hubby home and wanting some things we dont normally make. Its all good though, i am back on track today. I understand i will have some slip ups and i am ok with that.

Breakfast: 1 egg fried in a small amount of ghee, alot of broccoli and leftover salad with sesame seeds, about 1/5th of an avocado.

My slipup for today is my usual cup of tea with milk and sugar and a bite of my husband's carrot muffin. The muffin was not great at all, and i regretted the bite as soon as i took it. I am still contemplating my usual cup of tea in the morning, whether i should keep it or not. I really like it and feel i will have a hard time without it.

Lunch: a big salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce and probably venison meat.

snack: apple if i want it/dates

Dinner: So far thinking of making spicy baked chicken and mufaletta salad

Wish me luck!

• Moderators

Success doing a Whole30 requires learning to do a lot of new things, like eating more protein at breakfast than you may appreciate. One egg is not enough. Think more like three eggs. 

The meal template - http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf - explains how much you need to eat at each meal. 

Now here is the tough love: Every slip up pushes the reset button on your Whole30. Even a bite of muffin or a sip of milk in your tea spoils the healing process and means you have to start over again. This is not us being mean, we are just telling you how the body works. Cutting down on foods that cause inflammation in your body is not enough to get the results that a real Whole30 delivers. 

Archived