JinksE's Whole30 Adventure: The Sequel

Jinkse21

Day 8

It's amazing how the simplest foods can make you happy!  Breakfast was a last-minute throw-together but it makes me :D !

Breakfast:

Smoke Salmon

Prosciutto

1/2 Avocado

Carrot Sticks

1/2 Navel Orange

The creamyness of the avocado with the heavenly taste of prosciutto and smoked salmon....mmmmmmmm   :wub:

My pinky is back to normal but now I am watching how I use it to see if that is affecting how it acted yesterday.  I am finding that I don't really use it when I type on the keyboard and it stays in one position for the most part so I guess it's more like cramping up.  Very strange...

On a good and sad note, it looks like my weekend plans may not happen to see my sister and nephew in Lexington.  They may be just driving to Lexington to take care of something then turn right back around and head home.  Bad news is I won't get to see them.  Good news is that I won't have the challenge of wine and eating out!  I found myself slipping into my old ways of making excuses as to why I could drink some wine...I'll just start over on day 1...I'm really more interested in following Paleo as much as possible, so I'll just eat like I should on Whole30 but allow myself to drink wine one night a week.... It's amazing how we can come up with reasons and solutions to make something work for what we want instead of realizing all of the benefits of treating our bodies right and doing whatever we can to make sure we are being the best we can be.  Why can't we just acknowledge that we are worth it and to stop making excuses??

Lunch:

GF Ground Beef Mix (forgot that I added crushed Macadamia Nuts too)

Spaghetti Squash

1/2 Avocado

1/2 Navel Orange

I was reading through posts in a Whole30 group on MFP (no, I do not track anything on there!  :P   I just like going to the boards every now and then) and found several posts where I wanted to thump everyone on the head!  Instead of following Whole30 and trusting in the program, people are making it work for them by adding things off limits for this reason and that reason.  Very discouraging since those are going to be the same people who quit early or say they didn't feel any benefits of doing it at the end.  :angry:  As mush as I want to eat this and drink that because "I just can't do without and refuse to do without", I know the program works only if you follow it.  I want to feel the benefits of all this hard work!  Excuses are what got me where I am!  ARGH!  I guess I need to stay away from those boards from now on....  <_<

I know that desire to thump people feeling from my time on LoseIt. I finally stopped going on there at all because it was making me mad and I wasn't tracking anymore anyway. 

I think the mantra we need to repeat when we try to justify going off plan for any reason is "it is just 30 days" It goes by fast and then you don't have to justify you can make whatever choices you like.

Archived