DB's third time's a charm

dukunbayi

Day 15

M1: 1 egg, leftover salmon, kale all fried up in ghee, coffee w c milk.

Not enough food truth be told, had a snappy little hypoglycemic episode at Costco.

M2: 1.5 Aidell chicken sausage, mayo, guac, olives, a few slices of fried plantains. 

M3: Tuna with apple, mayo and curry, veggie soup in chicken broth.

Grumpy, Costco out of buffalo, free range chicken, and avocado oil. Unless my low blood sugar caused me to overlook it despite my searching.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our store is out of organic apples, mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, um, pretty much everything we want to purchase.  It's such a drag!  I was looking at House in the Big Woods the other day by Laura Ingalls Wilder and wondering, "How the heck did people live back then!"  Hope Costco stocks up soon!

Day 16

M1: coffee w c milk, hb egg, guac, chicken sausage, l/o veg soup, spoonful of coconut butter

M2: went to a lunch event catered with curries, rice, and pre-dressed salad ... had water  :(

Then went home and had 3 eggs, toasted coconut flakes and half an avocado. And took a nap.

M3: My daughter made proscuitto fritatta muffins! They're baking now. I'm hungry! Been nibbling on pistachios and kale chips and one date. One. Cook, muffins, cook! Green salad with. Fried plantains.

I work 2 12+ hour shifts in a row this weekend, Sat and Sun. Ugh. At least they're day shifts, not night shifts. But that's a lot of food to pack.

Day 17

M1: coffee w c milk, 2 frittatas (proscuitto, eggs, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes). Apple.

M2 & M3: brought a boatlad of food with me, plenty of protein and fat options and a bag of greens from Trader Joe's.

Update: 

M2: plate full of greens, half an avo, can of tuna, clementine, and the juice of another squeezed over my greens.

coffee with c milk

M3: (eaten on the fly) hb egg, a few slices of proscuitto, a handful of salad greens, a mouthful of olives 

M4: hungry when I got home so fried up some chicken sausage and baby spinach in red palm oil, and topped it with a dollop of guac.

Protein, vegetable, fat. Protein, vegetable, fat. Protein, vegetable fat.

How awesome is your daughter! I swore on B's log that I am moving to SC to steal your taro fries and everything you cook. I can wash dishes for food! Or make meat jello in exchange. 

Is your bf on board at all? Something tells me no :D

Day 19

I gotta go shopping...

I'm out all day and eating on the go. went to wholefoods food bar and got a big tub of greens and veggies and chicken, dumped some olive oil on it, and that's my food for the day. Along with booch and some kale chips and a mouthful of coconut butter.

Update: yea... not enough food. So I had a chicken apple sausage, 1/2 an avocado, a bowl of heated up berries/coconut milk/cacao nibs, coconut flakes.

Day 21

I've been having major cravings the last couple days. A hunk of homemade cinnamon bread toasted with butter and a mug of hot chocolate with whipped cream... nomnomnomnom omg....

M1: eggs, greens, olive oil; coffee w c milk

M2: chicken curry romaine wraps and crudites (made by a friend, compliance confirmed, yum)

M3: so hungry, got home late. threw some ground beef in a skillet, dumped some spices and red boat in it, plopped it all on some salad greens, and addes a nuked sweet pot with ghee..... so good!

Day 22

M1: WholeFoods food bar: huevos rancheros, chicken sausage, steamed broccoli, sautéd veggies (onions, shrooms, peppers), coffee w c milk. Gotta read the labels carefully, but there's definitely a good meal to be had--albeit for a small fortune--at their food bar.

M2: l/o ground beef on greens. Spoonful of c butter. 2 dates.

M3: chicken burger on greens, guac, sriracha, bals vin and EVOO, sweet pot, dried apricots (stopped before I overdid it on those)

Bought Epic bars and little packets of c butter for emergency food. Also have some RxBars on order. Next weekend, on days 30-32, I will be at a place that serves only vegetarian food, so I need to bring my own protein. There will be plenty of veggies, and I am going to assume olive oil and avocados and eggs, but I need to be prepared (hence the Epic and Rx bars and c butter packets). Maybe soy will be my first reintro (tempeh, tofu). Ate a ton of that in Indonesia and really did fine with it so I don't anticipate any problems. I actually would like to move towards a WAPF template for a host of reasons, and am looking forward to playing with fermented dairy, quinoa, and maybe even some properly prepared beans and legumes if my digestion can handle it. Worth experimenting with it I think. Sugar and wheat are my known nemeses, and unsoaked nuts. And any of the common foods without breaks, though I continue to search for loopholes despite my 'knowledge.' Yup, it's a process.

You know, I don't think I have had a single food dream this entire W30. What does that mean, Dr Jung??

Day 23

M1: 3 fried eggs, guac

M2: chicken burger, guac, greens, sweet pot with ghee. Pistachios. Too many.

S: (waaaaayyyyy too long btw M2 and M3) Epic bar and packet c butter. Glad I had the foresight to throw them in my bag, and proud that it was a justifiable snack  :D.

M3: buff burger, sautéd zucchini and mushrooms, sweet pot w ghee. Put fermented black garlic and dried apricots in the burgers. Delish.

I haven't dropped any excess weight this W30. My pants felt very snug today. I think I'm eating too damned much. Boo.

FWIW, it doesn't look like you're eating too much. Your meals look right on target.

You still have a week to go: hang in there.

Are you also staying sufficiently hydrated? Aim for drinking water, in the amount of at least half your body weight, daily.

Black fermented garlic and apricots. I desperately need elaboration. Are apricots fermented too? Uncontrollable drooling is happening right now. 

I didn't lose a half inch I can tell. I feel like I am joining the moaning crowd out there who ask million times daily WHYYY. We know it's more complicated than 3 meals unfortunately. Well, at least other benefits of wh30 are there, right? 

Thanks GFChris, and yes, I am the hydration queen--most days, anyway.

@Nadia, the fermented black garlic is from Trader Joe's. You just squeeze it out of its skins. The dried apricots were separate and, no, not fermented.

And yes, many more benefits to W30 than fat loss but I sure would like the fat loss! ;)

Day 24

M1: coffee w c milk, 3 fried eggs with some l/o veggies, marinated peppers, dried kimchi and sriracha, apple.

M2 & M3: At work. Brought leftovers from dinner last night, tuna, various embellishments.

True confessions: 

I had a "hungry day yesterday." Mostly because of boredom at work. I love the quiet days because they make up for the crazy ones, but I do get hungry in a foragey sort of way, and it was a matter of simple willpower that I didn't dive face first into all the chocolate and baked goods perched on every table. My off-going coworker even said "want some chocolate? gift from patient in room 'whatever'" and proceeded to wave the open box under my nose at shift change. "no thank you." "You sure, you sure?" That was at 08:00.

I went through the day, eating my 3 packed, compliant meals, drinking my water, watching Dexter on Netflix, and was just 'hungry' all day. By the time I left at 8pm, I decided, oh I'll just try one of those RxBars I ordered for my upcoming weekend away. Hmmmmmm, coconut cacao sounds good. Oh it is good!!! How bout the blueberry? (I got 2 sample packs of 4). NO! self, NO! Back away from the RxBars. Ok, binge averted.

Got home, had a leftover buffalo burger, then some dates and tahini, and then a bunch of dried apricots. Then all the dried fruit started expanding my my belly and I felt appropriately gross. And then the dried fruit affected me the was it always does... major gassiness. My poor BF. I did forewarn him and suggested he sleep on the couch (really, I would have offered but I went to bed before him and he got home from work very late and was watching TV for a bit). 

I cannot eat dried fruit on it's own. I know this, but it is not a matter of knowledge. It's about taming the sugar dragon. It has been ready to pounce, I see it in my log, and last night it did. Ah, addiction.

So this morning I woke up feeling icky and guilty. I told BF in future, before ingestion, I would let him know and he could remind me how nastily I am affected by such debauchery.

Also, I have some kabocha cooking. Starches. 

There, I feel better.

Day 25

M1: 2 eggs fried and coffee with c milk (yea, yea, no veggies. Need to go shopping)

M2: tuna, kabocha/mushroom mush, mayo, bulletproof coffee (this was a whole 2 hours after M1)

M3: browned ground beef, kabocha/mushroom mush, sriracha. I found a piece of GLASS in my food!!! How did THAT get there. I cooked it all today and I can't find anything chipped. I spit out that mouthful and liquified the rest of my plate before swallowing. Wish me luck! If I never post again you will all know what happened!  :huh:

Day 26, still alive and kicking

M1: l/o ground beef and kabocha

M2: 2 eggs, kabocha, kimchi, coffee w c milk

M3: l/o ground beef over greens with evoo and apple cider vin

Massive shop, more protein, greens and sweet potatoes than you can shake a stick at. Pork shoulder in the crockpot, oh yea.

Girl, this glass story sounds scary, but I am glad you are alright. 

Dried fruits are worse than any FODMAP in the world. They blow me up like a little balloon within 2 minutes. Interestingly enough they don't do anything when thrown in the mix for let's say lamb stew. 

Almost there, 3 more days! How's daughter doing? 

I know, if I had a brain in my head I would have tossed the whole batch... 2 lbs of beef, a whole kabocha, etc.  I still can't figure out where the glass came from. Could it have been in the ground beef?! I can't even think about that.

Daughter doing phenomenally well!! She had been at her dad's (who is hardly supportive, and Mr. Negative in general--hence the "ex" in "ex-husband"). She came home yesterday with a bag of c milk and c water, Asian eggplants, grapes, and plantains. Every morning she cooks herself a few eggs and greens, packs her lunch, and says her friends at school are envious of the food she brings. 

Day 27

M1: egg and greens scramble, l/o kabocha, and ground beef (chewed thoroughly)

M2: Maybe tuna and salad.

M3: probably baked chicken thighs, baby kale and sweet pot.

Got the pork shoulder marinating in the dry rub and will put it in the crockpot either tonight (could be hard to sleep with the smell of delishiousness wafting through my dreams) or more likely tomorrow morning. Sweet potatoes baking in the oven.

BF and I both woke up feeling that thing in the throat, the omen of respiratory badness to come. I have busted out the oil of oregano, which I swear by. He refuses. We'll see who gets sick and who doesn't  :ph34r:.

Oh, and I have to say, in addition to my lunch yesterday, I ate an RxBar to beta test how my gut would react to just that, without all the additional dried fruit I had had the other day. It was ok, maybe I got a little gassy, but not so bad that I can't use them on my trip this weekend.

@Physibeth, get it in tincture form (Wholefoods or some such place will have it), and put a couple drops in warm water and drink it a couple times a day, and/or put a few drops in a pot of boiling water and inhale the steam for 10 minutes or so a few times a day. I do both, pull out all the stops.

Never use more that 4 drops in either drinkable or breathable form, it's pretty intense stuff. Let me know how it works!

@Physibeth, get it in tincture form (Wholefoods or some such place will have it), and put a couple drops in warm water and drink it a couple times a day, and/or put a few drops in a pot of boiling water and inhale the steam for 10 minutes or so a few times a day. I do both, pull out all the stops.

Never use more that 4 drops in either drinkable or breathable form, it's pretty intense stuff. Let me know how it works!

I will check it out. Will it help when I'm already sick or only in the before stage?

Archived