Detox! day 5 and want to climb out of my skin

Day 5 is the worst! I wanted to throw things through glass windows during my first Whole30. It's normal. Day 5 is known as Kill All The Things -see the timeline: http://whole9life.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Continue to eat according to the template, drink a lot of water, distract yourself. The Day 5 crazies will pass. :)

Thanks everyone! It was a wicked day. Glad to have it behind me. Can't wait fir the energy surge. This way of eating fills very heavy. You definitely don't feel angry. It's funny how you get use to eating certain things and when they are no longer part of your choices you don't know what to do with yourself. Like coffee, I love my morning coffee with half and half and stevia. Tried to drink it black but that's not for me so I quests it was part of my sugar dragon. Tried tea but that doesn't do it either. Lots of discovery with this journey.

Days four and five are the worst. It's the sugar for me. My solution for this go round was to get off sugar before the start of my Whole 30 but keep the bread while doing it. That eased the itchy creepy crawlies of sugar withdrawal. Getting off the bread and other grains was, pardon the expression, a piece of cake after that. Just some minor pangs.

For coffee, try a tablespoon or so of full fat coconut milk (the canned kind). When I mix that in the coffee, I don't miss the stevia and creamer because it is so rich tasting. I may keep that up even after I finish.

I am so glad I read this. I am day 5 now as well, and this is my first whole 30. I have been battling all day, not to throw in the towel! All I am craving is sugar and also carbs. I am fighting urges though and pushing through. nearly dinner time!

I am finding it difficult to think of recipes and snacks so am checking that out now for some motivation.

Thinking of you, going into day 6!

Archived