Day 3: I feel like...

Juleslynn79

A pile of garbage!

After getting up and feeling quite dizzy (although I think I may have a case of vertigo, too), I managed to have a good breakfast and a cup of coffee. As I was driving to work, the waves of nausea hit me.  I feel like I have a hangover/stomach bug combined!  Anyone else feeling this way?  Any recommendations for getting through this?

• Moderators

Dizziness suggests two possibilities - not eating enough or not drinking enough water. Many people restrict calories too much when they begin a Whole30 and don't eat enough. Check how much you are eating against the meal template - http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf - to make sure you are getting enough. Drinking enough water means roughly 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight per day. 

Nausea suggests a stomach bug more than anything related to what you have been eating. 

Nausea suggests a stomach bug more than anything related to what you have been eating. 

Although I haven't experienced this myself, I have read and observed that some people will have nausea when they start eating less carbs than they are used to eating. I agree with Tom's recommendation: make sure you are eating and drinking ENOUGH, but would add in a suggestion to try increasing carbohydrates. A sweet potato or a serving of butternut squash might help you feel better.

Archived