Oh, the hangover...

TrayS

So I'm on Day 3 as I'm sure many of you are. So I'm probably not the only one who is feeling the hangover. I am curious - what, if anything, do you do to mitigate the headache and/or feeling like there is acid or poison coursing through your body? Or do you just suck it up and deal with it?

I have noticed this time around that my headache is (so far) much less than the last one. Maybe that's cause I'm not trying to give up caffeine at the same time...

My w30 start day coincided with an actual hangover and a terrible sore throat/runny nose, so I have so many reasons to feel icky I can't even separate what is what!

I played board games last night with friends and they said I was super subdued which is creepy because I am a very hyper and energetic person who loves life. I am feeling a little catatonic, so I added some dates into my meals to give me a little more sugar. We'll see how it works!

Thanks all. I'm all over that bone broth, made my first ever batch to start this W30 - and I really do think it is helping. On the other hand, spending 8 hours in front of the computer is not... glad tomorrow is the weekend!

Been there. It's awful.

-Drink a ton of water as Tom said.

-Eat vegetables (kale and spinach are the most nutrient dense).

-Let your sugar dragon die off.

-Eat protein, lots of it.

-MCTs (coconut oil) will help give you some energy.

-Sweet potatoes with cinnamon are delicious and a good carb source.

As a person currently lowering my caffeine intake (though very fat adapted and mildy in ketosis currently) I can't believe you made it the first time, while doing a Whole30. But I am coming down from very high, Robb Wolf-esque levels of methylxanthines here  ;)

My first whole30 I thought I wouldn't be able to tolerate drinking coffee without cream and sugar in it, so I gave up coffee at the same time. BIIIIIIIIG mistake. I survived, but barely. I had THE WORST HEADACHE EVER. And I used to get migraines as a teenager. I usually sleep like the dead and if I have a headache, I drink a big glass of water, and go to sleep and it's gone when I wake up. Not this time. I actually got woken up in the middle of the night by the headache and had to take some ibuprofen just to get to sleep. The next day, it was better, but still persisting. Plus I had nausea because of the pain and decided to have a salad with some fancy fig-flavored balsamic vinegar I had gotten. I still to this day can't stand the smell or taste of it because I associated the smell and taste with that headache and nausea.

This whole30, I discovered how to drink coffee without heavy cream or sugar in it, so I can keep it!

Yeah, I am a full blown coffee addict, at least in the morning, I don't drink it after 11 AM or so, but I drink it EVERY morning. I've been thinking for some time that it's not a healthy habit in that I experience such withdrawal without it, and really feel like I NEED it. But I also love it and don't want to give it up. *sigh*... maybe one of these days I will muster the strength to rip off the bandaid. But never again will I attempt that during a Whole30. :)

Archived