mrobertson84

Hi! I'm Melissa and I've decided to do this Whole30 with my friend Jennifer (she started hers yesterday), I'll be starting tomorrow. I'm looking forward to having more energy and getting rid of my migraines, maybe losing a few pounds, and also resetting my food cravings.

I did Beachbody's Ultimate Reset last year for the 21 days and it was very successful. I was feeling great energy, lost my migraines, but was so BORED with what was allowed. As soon as it was over, I totally relapsed into my old habits, and was craving nothing but Buffalo Wild Wings starting at day 8. Plus, the supplements and green drink were DISGUSTING.

I've started making list of Whole30 approved foods, but I am not a big salad eater (I do like like oil & vinegar dressings). I am looking for simple meals as inspiration and what I can heat up for lunch in an office. So far, I'm thinking a lot of leftovers, which bore me, as well as chicken/steak and veggies through the week. I do not like to make recipes with a ton of ingredients, if I have to buy a stack of ingredients, I just won't do it. Hopefully that will change on this program. One thing I am looking forward to making regularly again is the Garlic Veggies from the UR. I'm pretty sure I'll have to cut out the liquid aminos, but that's ok.

http://www.petrinahammfitness.com/eat-smart/recipe-box/garlic-veggie-stir-fry/

YIKES

Melissa-

I'm reading and seeing everything that bores you or what you don't like...what kind of stuff DO you like? This will help us all in helping you with menu ideas. No salads, no leftovers, etc. What DO YOU WANT? We are all here to help!

I really don't want to eat salads because I hate oil and vinegar dressings (vinegar is too tangy in my opinion) and no one wants to eat a dry leaf salad! I typically do eat leftovers most days. Which I am fine with, because I do not like to waste anything. I made a chicken fajita bake last night that should last me about three meals at least. I'll just eat something three times and then not want to eat it again for a month because I'm sick of it by then. I didn't eat Subway for 5 years because the smell makes me nauseous because I ate it a lot on a road trip. I'm just looking for quick and easy that makes at max two meals worth.

Yes, I know the Bragg's aren't compliant, so I'm definitely leaving that out of the veggie stir fry. There honestly seems to be no taste difference between having them in or out, so I'm A-ok leaving them out!

I made the ranch dressing from ISWF book and it is delicious!! Also crockpot is your best friend!! Put a whole chicken in your crockpot and your good for a few days. I stuff chicken with onion, mushrooms, green pepper, fresh garlic and rub it with ghee...put in crockpot for 6-7 hours and it is so good!!

Archived