Mayo UNFail

There are tons of posts on here about how to make the perfect homemade mayo.  I have to admit, I have about a 25% success rate... BUT.... I just had a mayo fail (where the consistency is too thin and it's more soupy) and added compliant hot sauce and a few spices and used it as a sauce on some salmon cakes.  It was delicious. 

Just because something doesn't turn out the way you plan doesn't me it can't be made into something else delicious :)

Delaine Ross-- when life gives you a lemon you make lemonaide.  I made "lemonaide plenty of times.  But I been having good luck with my mayo lately.

What you did with your mayo sounded delicious

Good luck your future attempts.  I personally can not live without my mayo..I really have to control myself :P

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to mess up mayo! I put all ingredients in a tallish Ziploc plastic container (with the blue screw-on lid) and use the immersion blender for a few minutes. It comes out perfect every time and takes all of 5 minutes to make! No "warming" the eggs to room temp or any of that stuff - throw it all in and stick the blender in!

Archived