Another Snacking Thread....

Okay, so I'm just wrapping up Day 2 of the Whole30. So far so good, although I was really tired this morning, but I've been ravenously hungry, so I feel like I might be engaging in excessive snacking. All of the snacks I've had are compliant (a handful of nuts, some celery and almond butter, et cetera), but I'm a little concerned.

I've been eating pretty good-sized breakfasts (this morning was three eggs, a chicken sausage and some fruit), particularly considering that my previous go-to was a Cliff bar or something comparable, but I was still ready to chew my own arm off within a couple hours of arriving at work. Is this normal?

No headaches or stuff like that so far, but I may be too early in the process to be getting them just yet. I'm glad I timed it so if they do turn up, the worst of it should be over the weekend.

Follow the meal template for all your Whole30 meals. http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf  All meals should include 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and the appropriate amount of healthy fat.  For example, your breakfast was good on protein, but was missing veggies, and it's unclear whether you got enough fat.

Needing snacks is typically an indication that your previous meals need to be bigger.  Play with your portion sizes until your meals satiate you for 4-5 hours. 

If you are truly hungry in between meals (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini-meal including a protein and fat. Nuts are considered a fat source on a Whole30, so pair those with a protein like eggs, chicken, meat or fish.

Archived