Oven vs. Electric Roaster

KathyV

I was wondering if anyone had used an electric roaster in place of the oven and had the same results?

And did you have to change the temp. on the roaster?  got one for Christmas and want to use it!

Thanks,

I was wondering if anyone had used an electric roaster in place of the oven and had the same results?

And did you have to change the temp. on the roaster?  got one for Christmas and want to use it!

Thanks,

Hi KathyV - is yours like a Nesco or a rotisserie style roaster?  I have a Nesco and love it.  I use the temp the recipe calls for.  It is wonderful in the warmer months because it doesn't heat up the whole kitchen.  I have mostly used it for meats.  With the quantity of roasted veggies I am making, I think I am going to try them in there as well.  I am picking up some good beef bones tomorrow and plan on using it to make bone broth.  My crock pot is too small and I feel better about leaving the roaster on low overnight than leaving the stove on.  Hope I have helped!

Kat

Kat4Wake  It is not like a rotisserie It is a rival electric roaster, it may be like a Nesco, I'm not familiar with that model.  I agree with using it in the summer months to keep the heat out of the kitchen.  Nice to know that it works for meats, because we eat a lot of it.  I'm sure the veggies will be great in there too.  I'm going to try it as well!  Fortunately my crock pot is big enough for my bone broth.  I would be scared to leave my stove on all night!! I probably would not sleep.

yes, your response was very helpful....Thanks

Archived