First Whole30

CFlover

Hi everyone, my name is Ayesha. I'm 24, married with two children, and currently live in Anchorage, Alaska. I started the program yesterday. I decided to start on the 2nd so that my last day ends on the last day of the month. At 4am I woke with a dull headache that lasted about hour. At breakfast I didn't really have an appetite but I ate 2 hardboiled eggs. It was the same feeling for lunch but I still ate. I know it's only day two but all I want to do is nap. Lol. Oh and I love Crossfit.

Hey Ayesha and all, 

I am just starting today, on the 4th! I'm excited and also nervous. I'm a big cook and generally healthy eater, but don't usually eat a lot of meat, so this will be a different sort of thing for me. I think the hardest thing for me will be to curb snacking in between meals and to let go of the sugar. Hope your first week is great!
-Sara

Yes, the snacking in between meals is a bit of a challenge. I find it to be harder in the evening (after dinner). That's usually when I become "snack monster." It's only the 3rd day but I'm having issues with not having an appetite in the morning. It's so hard to eat when I wake up! I will say this program has me in the supermarket looking crazy staring down labels! I was in the tuna isle for at least 20 minutes trying to find one that didn't contain soy. Best of luck on your journey and thank you for the reply. I'm usually taking to myself on forums lol

I think I need to check out the "athlete" section because I Crossfit at least 4 times a week and in retrospect I was still doing three meals. From what I understand it should be 4 (1 extra because of the workout). Also, since protein drinks are out I'm trying to figure out what to eat besides eggs. I've read that you should consume something 15-30 minutes after your workout. It takes me about 10 minutes to get off the floor and make it to my car after lol! Thanks you for the advice praxisproject

Made it through Day 1! Wasn't bad at all, and I'm feeling clear headed.

I started the day with Bikram yoga, and sailed through with nice big meals throughout the day. I realized that I think I usually eat lighter meals and then snack a lot. I think having three main meals with a WO snack will actually be simpler in the long run. It's definitely a different way of thinking about food. Here's to day 2!

-Sara

Cflover, I really enjoy bikram yoga. I used to go to physical therapy at least a couple times a week for my wrist (too much computer work)!, but now the yoga takes care of that. I feel stronger and more flexible that ever and it really compliments running/biking that I enjoy too. Speaking of running -- did a 10k race this morning at my PR, woot! Felt a little woosy afterward -- maybe the start of the day 2-3 "hangover"? Probably. The food you can eat on this plan is awesome -- but my main challenge today -- I need to have things ready to go when I'm hungry. Made a big batch of coconut curry with tofu, cashews (I'm doing a mix of the vegetarian/regular Whole 30), and lots of veggies. Yum! Had a 1/2 grapefruit after and I swear I've never enjoyed a grapefruit so much! I am generally pretty bad about sugar, so this is going to be hard, but freeing! Enjoying fruits like I used to with dessert sounds ideal. 

Day 2, check! - Sara

I think I'm going to drop into a bikram class next weekend. Today would have been perfect because my hamstrings have been SO tight since Saturday morning. I've been doing Yoga (an app on my phone) but it only helped a little. Sugar (chocolate) is a big deal for me too but I haven't had the appetite to eat (I've been satisfied) at night when I'm usually snacking (YAY!) Today should be "kill all the things" but I'm just fine. I stopped dairy, legumes, and grains 2 weeks before I started (so it wouldn't be a complete shock) so that's probably why I doing better that expected.

Awesome. Yes I'm onto day 5 "kill all the things". Only have felt it in waves. In yoga yesterday I felt like energy was radiating out of me. So far, I've said no to a lot of good looking treats around me at home & work. My friend came over for dinner that I cooked -- (chicken fajitas in lettuce wraps with guacamole, yum!) and brought cookies and chocolate for dessert. My co-worker brought in a chocolate bourbon pecan pie yesterday and today there is fresh bread on the counter. Aie! Doing ok with it -- looking forward to less cravings. Wow, nice work on the prep of it! Keep on!

Archived