1st whole30 underway

Jgk

Well I am up to day 4 before I learnt about the food log. So here goes to see if my memory is up to 3days of food. I think the log is a great idea, as I can look back and see what has happened which is brilliant!

Day 1: the morning after NYE...

Brekky - left over roast lamb and salad

Lunch - two boiled eggs and salad

Dinner - grilled chicken and broccolini and avocado.

Day 2. Back at work - raining so I drove instead of riding.

Brekky - two boiled eggs and a plate of spinach and rocket

Lunch - grilled chicken breast and tomatoes and baked beetroot and broccolini

Dinner - salmon cakes and 1/2 avocado and my mayo and lettuce

Day 3. Friday - yay! Noticing the only exercise I am doing is riding to and from work (8km return)

Brekky - two boiled eggs and a plate of spinach and rocket and 1/2 avocado

Lunch - grilled chicken and beetroot and lettuce and tomatoes

Dinner - 8 slices of prosciutto then small piece of grilled fish and salad of cucumber, lettuce, capsicum,

And tomato.

And lots of mineral water and green tea as my normal practice is to open a bottle of wine when I get home from work. Three days without alcohol, it has been about two years since that last happened. Had a bit of a headache last night, not surprising I expect and felt really tired. I am sleeping better though so that is great.

Big challenge tonight is going out for dinner with friends. This is the big test of my commitment but I will succeed!

Bye for now.. Julie

Roll on day 4!

You are off to a great start Julie! You have a great grasp of the template. The exercise you are doing is quite fine especially during the first 2 weeks when many experience energy issues. 

I have to ask, what is rocket? 

My biggest advice to going out to dinner is to plan ahead as much as possible. Pick out a couple of options from the menu and come armed with a list of questions to politely ask the server. 

Keep up the great work!

Hi Phsyibeth,

rocket is what we call arugula in Australia! Funny how we have different names for things. Glad to know I am doing ok, so far. I do get hungry between meals thought as am use to eating something between meals. I am totally full from eating at meal times though. I am eating more vegies than I have done over the last year or so probably because I used to think protein was more important. One thing I want to start eating is fermented foods. So that is a goal for me this year.

Cheers, Julie

That is funny...one I hadn't heard before. 

If you find you are getting hungry between meals it is ok to have a mini meal of protein, fat, and veg. The easiest thing is to plan slightly larger meals and safe the leftovers in case you get hungry. And I mean hungry enough to eat something really bland like boiled fish and plain broccoli. You could try adding a little extra fat to your meals too. It is all about experimenting and eating good food when you are hungry. 

Fermented foods is something I added and I have loved them. I usually have about 1/4 cup of raw sauerkraut with my first meal and 8-16 oz of kombucha in the afternoon. Still trying to get brave enough to make my own which will be a huge load off my wallet.  

Thanks for the advice. I always try to do the extra bit of protein when I am hungry, I think it is about stabilising my blood sugar, which should improve as the days go on. I sometimes start to feel sick if I don't eat something, easy to grab fruit but that is not the right choice I know.

Ok day 4.

Brekky - scrambles eggs with smoked salmon and tomatoes

Lunch - salmon cakes with roast vegies - eggplant, zucchini, asparagus, capsicum, onion then kale, fresh herbs and a dash of balsamic vinegar mix in at the end.

Dinner - steak with stir fried kale, zucchini and broccolini in olive oil.

Lots of mineral water, oh and one espresso with breakfast on each day.

Hi Cher,

I used this recipe: www.theprudentwife.com/...food/.../775-simple-paleo-primal-salmon-pattie...

They were really nice and made a lot. Love leftovers.

Cheers, Julie

Day 5....

Brekky: scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and spinach

Lunch: salmon cakes, my mayo and leftover roast veggies

Mid afternoon: cup of bone broth

Dinner: steak and salad of tomatoes, snow peas, lettuce, cucumber, radish, 1/2 avocado.

A bit of a headache and feeling tired.

Exercise: dusted and vacuumed the house. Looks nice now

Back to work tomorrow.

Day 6..

Brekky: two boiled eggs, kale, spinach, 1/2 an avocado and asparagus

Lunch: salmon cakes, my mayo and leftover roast veggies

Dinner: roast beef, carrots, sweet potato and broccolini

Sleeping better and no headache today. Was not hungry between meals for the first time!

Exercise: rode to work and back (8km return)

Started weights and fitness program - doing the program by Julia Buckley.

Day 7 - a whole week. I can't believe I don't miss alcohol!

Brekky: two boiled eggs, kale, tomatoes and 1/2 an avocado and an espresso.

Mid- morning: cup of bone broth

Lunch: leftover roast beef and veggies and spinach

Dinner: pan fried fish in olive oil and a huge salad of lettuce, avocado, tomato, cucumber, asparagus and my mayo.

Water, green tea and more water!

Day 2 of fitness program - rowed 3km, then did an hour of gardening!

Day 8

Brekky: two boiled eggs, kale, tomatoes and 1/2 an avocado and an espresso. Same as the previous 2days....

Mid- morning: cup of bone broth

Dinner: roast chicken, broccoli, green beans and my mayo.

Day 3 of fitness program - tired now, but good tired.

Day 9

Not a good nights sleep after doing so well, woke at 2.30 and tossed for what seemed like ages. Finally went back to sleep.

Brekky: two boiled eggs, 1/2 avocado, kale, tomatoes and an espresso

Lunch: cold roast beef, piece roast carrot, piece roast sweet potato, tomatoes, and spinach and my mayo.

Dinner: steak with lettuce, tomato, capsicum, cucumber, avocado and my mayo.

Lots of water.

Exercise: rode to work and back 8km

Day 4 of exercise program.

Feeling good despite the lack of sleep. Here's to a good sleep tonight.

Ok, day 10!

Brekky: two boiled eggs, kale, tomatoes, 1/2 avocado and an espresso.

Dinner: steak, salad, and my mayo.

Day 4 of fitness program.

Hello day 11!

Meal 1. Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, tomato and spinach and an espresso

Meal 2. Cold roast chicken, lettuce, tomato, green beans, capsicum and my mayo.

Meal 3. Roast beef, sweet potato, onion, garlic, parsnip and lettuce.

Water.

Exercise: cleaned ed and oiled two decks and painted door frame and cleaned all the windows!

Hi there jgk. It look like things are going great! One thing that jumped out at me, though is 2 eggs for your protein many mornings. The serving for eggs is as many as you can hold in one hand, likely 3-4 eggs for a woman. Increasing that might really help with the hunger you've been having. keep up the good work!

Day 12

Meal 1. Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, tomato and spinach and an espresso.
Meal 2. Cold roast beef, lettuce, tomato, sweet potato, onion, garlic, parsnip and my mayo.
Meal 3. Beef meatballs in tomato sauce, and coleslaw of cabbage, apple and carrot and mayo.

Water and a cup of bone broth.

Exercise: Oiled two decks - second coat.

Day 13, it is going to be over 40°C here for 5 days starting today. I am drinking lots of water.

At the risk of being boring....

Meal 1. Two boiled eggs ( it will be 3 tomorrow), kale, tomatoes, 1/2 an avocado and an espresso

Meal 2. Leftover roast beef, watercress, tomatoes, and coleslaw of cabbage, carrot and apple and mayo.

Meal 3. Meatballs in tomato, tomatoes, watercress and more coleslaw.

Exercise: rode to and from work, (8km return)

Day 8 of exercises - weights and crunches etc.

Hoping to sleep better tonight - have shut the cats away so they won't wake me at 4am.

Day 14, wow two whole weeks.

Meal 1. Three boiled eggs, spinach, tomatoes, 1/2 an avocado and an espresso

Meal 2. Leftover roast beef, watercress, tomatoes, and coleslaw of cabbage, carrot and apple and mayo.

Meal 3. Cold roast chicken, tomatoes, raw zucchini salad and more coleslaw. And mayo.

Day 9 of exercises - rowed 3.4km.

Day 15, wow halfway there!

Meal 1. Three boiled eggs, spinach, tomatoes, 1/2 an avocado and an espresso

Meal 2. Leftover roast beef, raw zucchini salad, tomatoes, and coleslaw of cabbage, carrot and apple and mayo.

Meal 3. Cold roast chicken, tomatoes, raw zucchini salad and more coleslaw. And mayo.

Day 10 of exercises.

Day 16

Meal 1. Three boiled eggs, kale, tomatoes, 1/2 an avocado and an espresso

Meal 2. Leftover roast chicken, spinach, tomatoes, and mayo.

Meal 3. Cold roast chicken, tomatoes, raw zucchini salad and more cole And mayo.

1 cup of a bone broth slushy! Hottest capital city on Earth today. 44.5°C which is 112°F!!!!

Exercise: rode to and from work, (8km return) and the air i was breathing out was actually colder than the air I was breathing in! Totally weird!

Day 11 of exercises, leg workout.

Man I hope it cools off for you soon! Are these temps usual for you? I know our summers tend to be mild (70-80) so when it climbs above 85 or so I start to get super cranky (usually when our work AC decides to be a big fat baby and throw a temper tantrum too). Luckily our lakes never get warm so they are a great place to cool off.

Day 17

Meal 3. Starter of 4 oysters then Fish fried in coconut oil, tomatoes, cucumber, spinach, capsicum and mayo.

1 cup of a bone broth slushy!

Exercise: rode to and from work, (8km return).

Feeling tired as did not sleep well due to the heat despite having air conditioning.

Day 17

Meal 3. Starter of 4 oysters then Fish fried in coconut oil, tomatoes, cucumber, spinach, capsicum and mayo.

1 cup of a bone broth slushy!

Exercise: rode to and from work, (8km return).

Feeling tired as did not sleep well due to the heat despite having air conditioning.

Day 18 Saturday.

Meal 1. Scrambled eggs, kale, tomatoes, 1/2 avocado and an espresso

Meal 2. Spicy tuna cakes (from Nom Nom Paleo Food for Humans) tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, capsicum and my mayo.

Mid arvo: Two handfuls of blueberries.

Meal 3. Yankee post roast and garlic mashed cauliflower ( both from Nom Nom Paleo Food for Humans).

Lots of water.

Exercise: up and down ladder painting.

Woke with a headache. Don't know why, eventually it went away.

Day 19 Sunday

Meal 1. Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, tomatoes, spinach and an espresso

Meal 2 and 3: prawns, carrot and celery sticks, lamb cutlets and salmon and salad long lunch with friends!

Lots of water.

Archived